Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Why we are at war

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by unclematty, Aug 22, 2004.

1. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

kinda chocked me up, my wife found it on her site.
    >The other day, my nine year old son wanted to know why we were at war.
    >My husband looked at our son and then looked at me. My husband and I were in the Army during the Gulf War and we would be honored to serve and defend our country again today. I knew that my husband would give him a good explanation.
    >
    >My husband thought for a few minutes and then told my son to go stand in >our front living room window. He told him: "Son, stand there and tell me what you see?"
    >
    >"I see trees and cars and our neighbors houses." he replied.
    >
    >"OK, now I want you to pretend that our house and our yard is the United States of America and you are President Bush"
    >
    >Our son giggled and said "OK."
    >
    >"Now son, I want you to look out the window and pretend that every house and yard on this block is a different country" my husband said.
    >
    >"OK Dad, I'm pretending."
    >
    >"Now I want you to stand there and look out the window and see that man come out of his house with his wife and he has her by the hair and is
    >hitting her. You see her bleeding and crying. He hits her in the face, he throws her on the ground, then he starts to kick her to death. Their children run out and are afraid to stop him, they are crying, they are watching this but do nothing because they are kids and afraid of their father. You see all of this son.... what do you do?"
    >
    >"Dad?"
    >
    >"What do you do son?"
    >
    >"I call the police, Dad."
    >
    >"OK. Pretend that the police are the United Nations and they take your call, listen to what you know and saw but they refuse to help. What do you do then son?"
    >
    >"Dad, but the police are supposed to help!" My son starts to whine.
    >
    >"They don't want to son, because they say that it is not their place or your place to get involved and that you should stay out of it," my husband says.
    >
    >"But Dad...he killed her!!" my son exclaims.
    >
    >"I know he did...but the police tell you to stay out of it. Now I want you to look out that window and pretend you see our neighbor who you're
    >pretending is Saddam turn around and do the same thing to his children."
    >
    >"Daddy..he kills them?"
    >
    >"Yes son, he does. What do you do?"
    >
    >"Well, if the police don't want to help, I will go and ask my next door neighbor to help me stop him." our son says.
    >
    >"Son, our next door neighbor sees what is happening and refuses to get involved as well. He refuses to open the door and help you stop him," my husband says.
    >
    >"But Dad, I NEED help!!! I can't stop him by myself!!"
    >
    >"WHAT DO YOU DO SON?"
    >
    >Our son starts to cry.
    >
    >"OK, no one wants to help you, the man across the street saw you ask for help and saw that no one would help you stop him. He stands taller and
    >puffs out his chest. Guess what he does next son?"
    >
    >"What Daddy?"
    >
    >"He walks across the street to the old ladies' house and breaks down her door and drags her out, steals all her stuff and sets her house on fire and then...he kills her. He turns around and sees you standing in he window and laughs at you. WHAT DO YOU DO?"
    >
    >"Daddy..."
    >
    >"WHAT DO YOU DO?"
    >
    >Our son is crying and he looks down and he whispers, "I close the blinds, Daddy."
    >
    >My husband looks at our son with tears in his eyes and asks him..."Why?"
    >
    >"Because Daddy....the police are supposed to help...people who need it....and they won't help....You always say that neighbors are supposed to HELP neighbors, but they won't help either...they won't help me stop him...I'm afraid....I can't do it by myself .Daddy.....I can't look out my window and just watch him do all these terrible things and...and.....do
    nothing...so....I'm just going to close the blinds....so I can't see what he's doing........and I'm going to pretend that it is not happening."
    >
    >I start to cry.
    >
    >My husband looks at our nine year old son standing in the window, looking pitiful and ashamed at his answers to my husbands questions and he tells him...."Son"
    >
    >"Yes, Daddy."
    >
    >"Open the blinds because that man.... he's at your front door..."WHAT DO YOU DO?"
    >
    >My son looks at his father, anger and defiance in his eyes. He balls up his tiny fists and looks his father square in the eyes, without hesitation he says: "I DEFEND MY FAMILY DAD!! I'M NOT GONNA LET HIM HURT MOMMY OR MY SISTER, DAD!!! I'M GONNA FIGHT HIM, DAD, I'M GONNA FIGHT HIM!!!!!"
    >
    >I see a tear roll down my husband's cheek and he grabs my son to his chest and hugs him tight, and cries..."It's too late to fight him, he's too
    >strong and he's already at YOUR front door son.....you should have stopped
    >him BEFORE he killed his wife. You have to do what's right, even if you have to do it alone, before......it's too late." my husband whispers.
    >
    >THAT scenario I just gave you is WHY we are at war with Iraq. When good men stand by and let evil happen is the greatest EVIL of all. Our President is doing what is right. We, as a free nation, must understand that this war is a war on humanity. WE must remove evil men from power so that we can continue to live in a free world where we are not afraid to look out our window. So that my nine year old son won't grow up in a world where he feels that if he just "closes" that blinds the atrocities in the world
    >won't affect him.
    >
    >"YOU MUST NEVER BE AFRAID TO DO WHAT IS RIGHT! EVEN IF YOU HAVE TO DO IT ALONE!"
    >
    >BE PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!
    >
    >BE PROUD OF OUR PRESIDENT!
    >
    >BE PROUD OF OUR TROOPS!!
    >
    >SUPPORT THEM!!!
    >
    >SUPPORT AMERICA!!
    >
    >..SO THAT IN THE FUTURE OUR CHILDREN WILL NEVER HAVE TO CLOSE THEIR BLINDS...."
    >
    >"The liberty we prize is not American's gift to the world, it is God's gift to humanity."
    >-- George W. Bush
    /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

2. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace."

Thomas Payne

4. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Amen.

John

5. k5james

k5james 1/2 ton status

That's BS, if there is any nation that was a threat to us at all it was North Korea or China and China is too dependant on us financially to do anything. North Korea on the other hand........

Saddam was a shell of himself and his sons would have been dealt with easier in a covert manner ie a few short bursts from an mp5 while they slept.

6. unclematty

ya know , I don't pretend like I know what our goverment is thinking as far as what we need protecting from, what is done is done, whether I like it or not! If OUR president thought that someone or something needs to be dealt with, then who am I to say no that doesn't need to happen, I don't have access to all the info that the president does, and I'd bet money you don't either, PLUS if you beleive every little thing that comes over the news channels, no wonder you turned up so liberal. You appearently have access to vast amounts of news info and historical information, the problem with alot of it, is that it was spawned from a very leftwing news agency, take your pick,which one. even fox news gets it wrong at times. I was thinking earlier, if you portend to be on the right track, so much, maybe I should anty up my HK and a few other goodies I have, and you could go do, what the whole US military has been unable to. I don't think I could do alot of those things that need to be done. but then again, if I had access to all the knowledge you do I could, maybe get it done. I don't trust my goverment to do much of anything for me, except take my hard earned income taxes, and when it's called for, kick somebody's ass when they really need it. I feel like I'm beating a dead horse, probably due to the fact that I'm tryng to make sense to an extreme left winger (or 2) but anyway how can we let Kerry try to run this when he is so wishy/washy, bush keeps'em from my doorstep and really thats all I want to have him do, my job, my income and my family's wellbeing are really up to me, not what the goverment will let me have. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif it's getting warm, I can feel the flames acommin. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

7. speedyvision917

speedyvision917 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif wat site did your wife get this from? /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

8. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    That's BS, if there is any nation that was a threat to us at all it was North Korea or China and China is too dependant on us financially to do anything. North Korea on the other hand........

Saddam was a shell of himself and his sons would have been dealt with easier in a covert manner ie a few short bursts from an mp5 while they slept.

[/ QUOTE ]

North Korea huh? A country who's people are starving and it has been found out that they can't sustain an offensive drive past soul. In other words, it's bark is better than it's bite.

9. unclematty

flylady.com it's similar to ck5, but it's for dedicated houswives and mothers /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

10. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

classic leftism. Know you were wrong before and still are, so you bitch about how things were done. Ok, we killed Saddams sons with a couple of TOW missiles and some 50 cal ammo as opposed to 9mm as you suggest... omg, what a complete screw up!!!! gimme a fawkin break. Sadam was an evil mass murderer and a state sponsor of international terrorism and all you POS leftists can do is talk about how he didn't "need" to be taken out. Maybe what we should do with Saddam is put him in charge of a prison and toss all our idiot left wingers in said prison just to see how long it is before they "get it". I'm guessing 1 leg half-way through the plastic shredder and their heads would miraculously be removed from their asses.

in 1935 Hitler SHOULD have been removed from power by the "allies" when he broke the treaty of versaille. If he had been, tens of millions of people wouldn't have had to die in WWII. Of course, if he had been removed in '35, we would have had to listen to bleeding heart POS leftists cry and bitch about how he "wasn't such a bad guy" for the next 10 years... so hell, maybe WWII was the better option.... /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

j

11. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    Sounds good, from an armchair general's point of view, but it's not that easy. Let's just say these people don't stay alive and in power for as long as they do by letting their guard down. Ain't like bustin' a group of 16 year old hoodlums on the corner for sellin' dope.

John

12. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

You libs are unbelievable! Whether or not Saddam was a legitimate threat right then is debatable, but you can' deny the thousands of mass graves found once we got there. You can't deny that he gassed the Kurdish, or invaded Kuwait. The guy was bad seed, and no matter how you look at it, the world is a better place without him.

You people are freakin deaf, dumb AND blind.