Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Why Why Why......

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by LKJR, Dec 4, 2001.

1. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

Just seems I can't win this everlasting battle of trying to get the blazer where I can drive it...again. Anyway I just got the tranny rebuilt and got it put back in, the guy claimed he looked thru the T Case and it all looked ok, but I'm not thinking that's the case... Drove it today after putting everything back in and the T Case is harder than hell to shift and it sounds like the gears don't line up quite right, if that makes any sense. Kinda like the front output gear is just barely touching and makes a grinding/spinning/spurring/something kinda noise. What do you think??? Bearings maybe? And I mean it is HARD to shift, has to be rolling slow and have to almost slam it in gear (on transfer case) and it dosen't sound right

Like em big and topless
    Excuse me...Would you mind removing your import from under my chevy?

2. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

It does shift into each gear btw, and the front output shaft (no driveshaft on front yet) spins like it should. NP205

Like em big and topless

3. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

You know, they work better if you put oil in them. [​IMG]

The easiest thing has to be to check out the linkage and make sure that nothing is hitting or binding and that the 'case is really being shifted to the right positions.

<font color=green>Oh man, 4:10's are sure better than 3.08's!</font color=green>

4. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

rebuild it yourself next time fawker!!! Trade it to me, i've got a 203 in good condition i'll give you for it!!!

Sherman, Tx
    <font color=red>The blazer's almost on the road....anyone got tree fiddy?</font color=red>

5. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

Well he claims to have put tranny fluid in it, yuk, but better than nothing, the tranny hump is out of the floor so I can see everything just fine, nothing binding...
    Bite me bryan, I'm tryin to get it running so I can get the friggin top back on, once I get moved to the house I'll have a place to tear it back apart..

Like em big and topless

6. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

yeah dude i understand. i was just giving you crap. when are you going to be in for christmas?

Sherman, Tx
    <font color=red>The blazer's almost on the road....anyone got tree fiddy?</font color=red>

7. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

I'd drain the ATF out of the transfer case and put real gear oil into it. I don't know if it will help the shifting problem, but the NP205 transfer case is supposed to have gear oil in it.

8. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

thanks guys, think I"m gonna call the guy this morning and try to get him to hash things out, but anyway

Bryan, rered that didn't mean to sound harsh, was just j/k, but I'll probably come back home the 18th or so, think matt &amp; I are going to billy bobs on the 21st if you and michelle want to go, I think it's charlie robinson, roger creager, and cross canadian..... and tickets are cheap

Like em big and topless

9. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

cant do it...we'll be skiing in tahoe from the 21st till the 28th. But I'm sure you'll be ok without us... See ya when you get in!

Sherman, Tx