Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Why wont it shift

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by campers1, Feb 16, 2003.

1. campers1

campers1 Registered Member

I have a 76 K5 blazer that appears stock. We drove it 400 miles from LA working great. We have had it for about 6 months and my sister decided to use it without any knowledge of 4 wheel drive. She must have hit the lever or something and now the transmission wont shift out of 1st. When i am inside shifting the lever i have 3 or 4 positions. I have a th350 tranny with a believed np203 t case. Can anyone help me with the order of positions and help figure out why my tranny wont shift.

Thank You,
    Chad

2. milspecjimmy

milspecjimmy 1/2 ton status

have you checked the linkage? maybe there is a bend that isnt supposed to be there or a twig stuck in it. the transfer case shouldnt make a differance wether the tranny will shift or not. i say look at all the linkage from the tranny up.

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

check to make sure the vacuum hose is still hooked up to the vacuum modulator and to the carb

4. milspecjimmy

milspecjimmy 1/2 ton status

PROFILE PLEASE /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Nitrodrip350

Nitrodrip350 1/2 ton status

I have the same problem and I changed out my carb to an Edelbrock .... could this have messed my shifter up? I've looked at it but I haven't noticed anything on the T-Case before?! Does it go from teh T-Case to the carb directly?

Thanks Shane - /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. Calclips

Calclips 1/2 ton status

Swartz Creek, Michigan/Flint while in school
    The vac line going to the modulator dosen't go into the Transfercase at all, it goes into a metal piece that sticks out of the passenger side of the tranny right above the trans-pan line towards the back of it.