Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

why wont my truck start?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bigoltrux77, Oct 10, 2002.

1. bigoltrux77

bigoltrux77 1/2 ton status

last week i got my truck started, but i still need to do some stuff to it. So today i adjusted the valves, but now it wont start. I figured out that my wires were loose at the starter, so i tightened them. Nowi t turns over fine but im barley gettting any spark. the cap, rotor, and module are all new. but my coil is ghetto rigged. On of the wires from the coil broke off the terminal so its now a good connection. I dont know what to do., /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

I say, anytime you can consider something on your truck "ghetto rigged," that will generally be your problem. Fix your ignition problems the correct way. Make sure all connections are how they are supposed to be. Also, you said the cap, rotor, and module are all new. Have you started the truck since those were replaced? If not, it's entirely possible that when you put the spark plug wires on the cap you somehow got the placement off by one. (Been there done that, hey...I was only 14 or something.) Sucks when you turn the key and hear the engine turn, but it doesn't fire.
    That's all I can think of now. Good luck.