Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Why you should NOT use the same GM dealer as me

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MudNurI, Nov 9, 2002.

1. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]

this is one of the scratches our D/A received this past week while at our dealers for work on the Allison....

400 vehicles on the lot- 5 of them damaged, 1 of them ours...what are the chances...

after I wash it today I'm sure I'll find more of them...

btw- nobody told me the date on my camera goes back to 1/1/2002 when you change the batteries, who would have thought!

Brandy

2. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

dang, if it was my 87, i wouldnt care, i really wouldnt care if i made a scratch like that, but if a DEALER did that, id fu*king go there and bitch them out, and tell them to pay to have it fixed or im gunna sue your ass, or somthing along those lines.

3. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

As long as there's proof it was actually the dealershio that caused the damage........It could have been a bunch of bored kids driving through the dealership after dark. It wouldn't be the first time I've heard of that happening.

That's what insurance is for I guess.

4. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

I did not mean to imply my dealer actually did the damage.. it happened during the 2 weeks it was at my dealers...

of course it will never be solved WHO actually did it...but 5 cars got hit during the same time frame...

5. Can Can

IMHO, since it happened on their property I would assume that they would take responsibility. I'm willing to bet that they have vandalism insurance.

Secondly, just so you know, the tone of your post implies that you are blaming the dealership for causing the damage.

6. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

There is a whole long history of problems Brandy has had with that dealership refusing to fix things right, even when they were told what to do and shown the GM service bulletin. Then, after the f@#$ POS vandalized her truck, the dealership tried to refuse to do anything about it, gave her a real hard time, and were unbelievably rude to her face. Frankly, I would probably have been in jail for assault given what the service writer did followed by what he said. Anyway, that is the reason she says to avoid the dealership. It's the history, not just this latest insult... In fact, given the way she and her husband were spoken too, and them having to go over the service dept. head to get things made right, it might well have been a matter of personal revenge resulting in the key damage…

7. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

I wasn't insinuating the service writer did this to the truck...while it is quite a coincidence- that this happened after we tried to pick it up, and they had replaced the ignition when they tried to fix the transmission - (the TSB that said to do ignition was NOT for the allison)..

And yes- the service writer was EXTREAMLY RUDE...and this WAS the last time the truck will be at this dealership for ANYTHING.

The deal with them covering it- they do have insurance for this, though it took some digging to find that out. Originally what they said to John was

We had some vandalism to some vehicles last night, and your truck was one of them....you will have to call YOUR insurance company. Basically John refused, talked to a few people, and found out that they DO say that- because most people will fall for the "our sign says not responsible for damages"...blah blah blah....Our point was if they had done the NSBU when I asked them to 13 days PRIOR to the vandalism occuring- it wouldn't have been at the dealers, and would not have been damaged.

They are paying for about 95% of the repair- we are refusing to use their body shop- for good reason, so we have to pay the difference out of pocket to our body guy. No biggie really- as this way the truck will be repainted correctly. He is going to sand down the hood, and repaint the entire thing to be sure it matches. Their body guy would have probably used that touch up paint that comes in a nail polish bottle.

SO FYI- if your heading to New Hampshire, with a Chevy, Pontiac, Cadillac, Dodge, VW, Nissan or Jeep, and it get's worked on by a dealer still- CONTACT me first, and I'll fill ya in on WHERE not to go, I will NOT post the name of the dealership on this site...

Brandy

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Dealerships normally have insurence for things like that. I'll call and ask to speak to the owner about it. They might fix, or pay for repair.

9. Can Can

I never saw any posts regarding the previous run-ins with the service department there, nor were any mentioned. I was simply commenting on this post alone.

FWIW, behavior of this sort from a dealer doesn't surprise me. It's just ANOTHER reason why I refuse to buy a new vehicle......