Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Why??????????

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bubba Ray Boudreaux, Aug 27, 2003.

1. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Because at 0530, that's AM for you civilian types, before I have had the luxury to enjoy my morning caffeine; reading your 5th grade level spelling and grammar abortion of a post is somewhere between listening to the flawed liberal logic and poking my eye out with a hot poker.

That is why....................... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

2. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

That's why I have my coffee with the reading... Helps wake me up in the morning. You can't get this stuff on the news ya know... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    That's why I have my coffee with the reading... Helps wake me up in the morning. You can't get this stuff on the news ya know... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm thinking I should start cracking open that first, ice cold 24 ounce Diet Pepsi before I began my morning readings. It's been pain this morning having to try to interpete some of this stuff.

4. landsmasher

One more cup and I'm outta here. I get to work early when it's hot like this. Have a great day Bubba and don't let the posts get you down. Some of these people have been up all night ya know... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

why, because you love us, bubba,.::sings:: C-O-L, -O-R-A, -D-O, -K5 ::end of mickeymouseclub singing::

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    reading your 5th grade level spelling and grammar abortion of a post is somewhere between listening to the flawed liberal logic and poking my eye out with a hot poker.

[/ QUOTE ] A better question of why would be ; WHY, do some people have too be such up tight anal retentive jerkwads over something so petty as spelling and grammar ?? /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

7. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    over something so petty as spelling and grammar ??

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess the education system in your state does not make any more sense than you do /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Whazzzup with the mickey mouse [I love Jeeps]??!!??!!??!!.... ummm... Yeah....

And uhh.... Bubba.... ummm.... Diet Pepsi... SUCKS /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

So sorry, sir, please don't gobble me up /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

9. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

cappy, whats up with the mickey mouse stuff? ill have you know that the mickey mouse club produced some of the hottest sluts in the public eye today... so now i ask, why not? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. landsmasher

[ QUOTE ]
    do some people have too be such up tight anal retentive jerkwads over something so petty as spelling and grammar ??

[/ QUOTE ]

When using proper spelling and grammar, a person doesn't really look educated. But when constantly using improper spelling and grammar, a person looks down right un-educated. Look any way you like. It's not my problem... Like ya no wat ah meen mang?

11. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

hot sluts??? hot anything??? WTF kinda drugs are you doin, dude?

Although, Justin Timberlake's CD kicks ass... Since it doesn't have those N SYNC fags... I guess SOMETHING good came from the Mickey Mouse Club...

I saw a lifted Grand Cherokee today, it was badasssss lookin... what I want to do with the one I'm gettin, only it didn't have the brush guard, and it was boring white /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

12. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    over something so petty as spelling and grammar ??

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess the education system in your state does not make any more sense than you do /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Consittering I haven't gone to school sence the early 80's , and didn't live here then, Yeap. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

13. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    do some people have too be such up tight anal retentive jerkwads over something so petty as spelling and grammar ??

[/ QUOTE ]

When using proper spelling and grammar, a person doesn't really look educated. But when constantly using improper spelling and grammar, a person looks down right un-educated. Look any way you like. It's not my problem... Like ya no wat ah meen mang?

[/ QUOTE ] Ah, I see where you're coming from. But then again, this is only the internet, so no reason too be such up tight anal retentive jerkwads over something so petty as spelling and grammar. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

14. 82diesel

82diesel 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

Although, Justin Timberlake's CD kicks ass... Since it doesn't have those N SYNC fags... I guess SOMETHING good came from the Mickey Mouse Club...

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm He mentions hot sluts and you pick up timberlake

a bit scary

15. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm He mentions hot sluts and you pick up timberlake

a bit scary

[/ QUOTE ] Oh damn. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

16. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    WHY, do some people have too be such up tight anal retentive jerkwads over something so petty as spelling and grammar ?? /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="green"> The fact that you don't understand the importance of good spelling and proper grammar boggles my mind. In a medium such as this your spelling and grammar is directly proportional to how well you can articulate how you feel on a given subject. Having bad spelling and grammar is one thing, but continually claiming that it doesn't matter and nobody should care is ignorant and, well, stupid. Your spoken word may be the most coherent in South Dakota, but sometimes the things you write on CK5 make it sound as though you dropped out of skool after the 4th grade. On another bulletin board I watched a member go from using no caps, no punctuation and really poor spelling to actually writing pretty well. It took a year and a half or so, but he learned alot by just reading and paying attention to how punctuation was used and how words were spelled. Oh yeah, and he actually cared about it, since he realized that his poor spelling and grammar gave other members a false perception of his intelligence. Lord knows you type enough that you can't blame it on those skills...

BTW, I'm not trying to be a dick or calling you stupid here, I just don't understand why you think that writing well is "petty and unimportant".</font>

17. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[​IMG]

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

18. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

19. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm thinking I should start cracking open that first, ice cold 24 ounce Diet Pepsi before I began my morning readings. It's been pain this morning having to try to interpete some of this stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

What the hell is an interpete? Left overs of a collision between a Peterbilt and a International? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

I'm with Shaggy on the spelling and punctuation. It's not the be-all and end-all of things, but it is important. It's hard for people to read stuff that is thrown together without a thought toward sentence structure, spelling, punctuation or grammar.

I try and structure what I'm writing to be easy to read and understand. If it's not, then fewer people will read and fewer people will be likely to help. It's all give and take, and it's an fairly easy habit to get into if you set your mind to it.

Rene

20. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    What the hell is an interpete? Left overs of a collision between a Peterbilt and a International?

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif