Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Why's this board so slow, I even have a cable modem!

Discussion in 'Feedback | Site Announcements' started by spencerjw, Oct 13, 2001.

1. spencerjw

spencerjw Registered Member

Why\'s this board so slow, I even have a cable modem!

Where's this site (mainly the forum) hosted? I have a cable modem at home and I seam to notice that the message board is extremely slow, and not just some of the time, all of the time.

What would be causing the slowness of a message board like this? It's nothing to do with it's size, I have a message board that I admin on (I own it too) and it's much faster than this and probably receives as many, if not more, traffic than this one does.

<a target="_blank" href=http://forums.fastcougar.com>http://forums.fastcougar.com</a>

Would it have to do with the message board software that's being used?

Spencer Winegarden
    spencer@winegarden.org
    AIM - DrDiesel21
    ICQ - 37550428<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by spencerjw on 10/13/01 10:20 AM.</FONT></P>

2. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Re: Why\'s this board so slow, I even have a cable modem!

I've noticed the odd day that is slower than normal, but today everything is loading up pretty quickly for me......

<font color=blue> NEVER FORGET, NEVER FORGIVE, NEVER SURRENDER<font color=blue>

3. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Most of the problem is with my host lately and add to the problem of 1.6 million page views per month as well as some of the php scripts need a little tweaking. I'm just about at the point where I need to switch over to a dedicated server but need to bring in a little more revenue first. As the site grows I will try to keep up with things but my time is limited as well.

Steve

Bandwidth FREE ZONE

Mall-Running poseur 4x4 with curb-feelers

4. spencerjw

spencerjw Registered Member

Please let me know if you or anyone else ever needs development/design assistance. That is what I do for a living as well.

Spencer Winegarden
    spencer@winegarden.org
    AIM - DrDiesel21
    ICQ - 37550428