Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

whyyy!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 84gmcjimmy, Aug 12, 2004.

1. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

If only I had the money /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
    web page

2. chubbybob

chubbybob 1/2 ton status

that isnt that great of a deal plus the shipping would kill you.

if you could get them both for that complete and in good condition local it would be a good deal.

3. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

DOH! I forgot about shipping /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif
    I'll keep looking here /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

4. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

that is US funds my friend
    they are going for $1000cdn a pair right here at home
    June 30 I went to Sicamouse to buy a pair for $1000cdn
    you get a $1000 rounded up and someone will sell you a d60

look what I got for $1500 last week

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

How much are they for 14bff up there?

6. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

I wouldnt pay more then $100 for a 14ff
    got a 3.73 geared open one for $100 a few months ago in Surrey
    you should not have to travel to get a 14ff, they are everywhere
    I do not recall which town you are from but when I was in small towns the local dump always had a pile of dead trucks
    you could get a 14ff for free, just keep your eyes peeled the stuff is all around you

7. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

okay I will keep my eyes peeled. I dont know of any junkyards... but I'll look in the phone book. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

8. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

I guess not many folks are looking for dana 60's in new england,not that there are tons of them,but I spied a few while hunting for a motor this week in the boneyards,one was partly cannibalized,rotor and caliper missing--I dont think they would sell for more than 500 tops,and I have seen several 1 tons go to the crusher without any parts removed at all,I guess the yards figure the 1 tons get the most abuse the quickest,since most are owned by contractors and commercial users (many of the trucks I see are old mass DPW trucks,or city snowplows,or local buissiness's)so many times if its high mileage or badly rusted(usually the case around here)they dont hang onto many for very long.
    3 years ago my brother bid on a 1978 K30 GMC 4x4 that was a rescue wagon for the fire department in the small town he lived in,to make a long story short,he won the bid for the truck for 700 bucks--2 other poeple bid against him,1 was a former firefighter who used to drive it,the other just a junk man who bids on everything for scrap.The truck had the 155 inch wheelbase,all aluminum diamond plate rescue body,400 small block,Th400,dana 60 front end,all HD springs and rear axle,HD charging system,etc.,but rusty doors and rockers,fender bottoms.He was going to make a ramp truck out of it,but never had much time to get going on it after working 50 hours a week on semi's,after removing the rescue body it sat there until this year,he sold it to a friend for what he paid,and a a paint job for another truck he has,I wish I had bought it,but he lives 80 miles away,and doesnt call but once in a while,so I didnt hear he was going to abandon the project /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif.He doesnt beleive the dana 60 front end could have sold for that much when I tell him about reading on here they can go for 600-1000 bucks in different areas of the country. Next time I see an ad for surplus government property,I'm going--I went to one a month ago in a small town near me,the local DPW was auctioning off their old trucks,and they had their own"junkyard" at the DPW--seems like whenever they retired or broke one of their trucks,they just kept it for parts.A guy bid on a 1958 ford F600 sise fire truck with an open cab,and a matching parts truck with a full cab,rough and rusty,one ran and the other probably would,for 500 bucks--I thought they were tough shape for that much money--but they are advertised in the local want ads for 1800--and he might just get it!.A used michigan loader (huge 20 ton machine)that would run and drive with new battery and other relativly minor work sold for 250 bucks!!.I would have loved to have that thing --I could plow the Wal-mart a half mile from me with that sucker!.I heard later they also sold a M1008 Blazer for 650 bucks!--but I didnt see it at the auction site I went to,so possibly someone had an "inside deal"--. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

9. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    I heard later they also sold a M1008 Blazer for 650 bucks!--but I didnt see it at the auction site I went to,so possibly someone had an "inside deal"--. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]wow, you should've jumped all over that, that's a rare one off piece, considering M1008s are K30s /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

10. atho

atho 1/2 ton status

I still think that would be a good deal, I mean there is even a Detroit in that 14 bolt.