Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

WICH 60

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ORION, Dec 26, 2000.

1. ORION

ORION Newbie

WICH(FRONT) DANA 60 WILL WORK ON MY 80 BLAZER FRAME ? WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO USE A 60 OUT OF A DUALLY, IS IT JUST A MATTER OF REMOVING THE SPACERS. I CANT TELL BY LOOKING, AND I'D HATE TO FORK OUT CASH JUST TO FIND OUT IT WONT WORK.

ORION

2. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>Only Chevy dana 60s will work. The Dodges have different spring perch width and the Fords have the pumpkin on the wrong side. I've heard that just removing the spacers is all you need to do.</font color=blue>

[​IMG]

3. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

From what I've heard from other people, you have to change the entire hub assembly to a single rear wheel version for it to work. I know some dually front axles on other models simply have a spacer, but I was thinking the Chevy dually 60 really doesn't have a separate spacer.

4. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I take it you are talking about a front Dana 60? if so, the only thing you need to change a front dually 60 to single wheel is change the hub assem., the rotors and calipers are the same, the only set back is that single wheel hub assem. are around 500.-600. bucks. I can't remember if the locking hubs are the same or not, I think they are, but don't rember for sure because I am getting old or something.

Steve
    [​IMG]
    1990 K5 with stuff

5. extremeblazer

extremeblazer 1/2 ton status

WE ARE CURRENTLY INSTALLING A DANA 60 IN THE FRONT OF A BLAZER AT OUR SHOP. THE FRONT DANA 60 IS OF THE DUALLY TYPE. THE AXLE JUST BOLTS IN PLACE UNDER THE TRUCK BUT THE HUBS ARE A LITTLE BIT DIFFICULT TO FIX. THE SPACER IS ACTUALLY THE HUB HOUSING AND CAN'T JUST BE REMOVED. THE ENTIRE HUB HOUSING HAS TO BE REPLACED ALONG WITH THE ROTOR. THE COST ABOUT 360.00 PER SIDE FROM GM AND OTHER COMPANYS SELL FOR AROUND 300.00 A SIDE. THATS 600.00 TO 800.00 JUST TO MAKE THE AXLE A SINGLE WHEEL STYLE. NOTE: THE HUB HOUSING CAN'T BE PURCHASED AT THE LOCAL PARTS STORE OR EVEN NAPA. WE ALREADY HAVE THE AXLE AND ARE STUCK WITH PURCHASING THE REST OF THE PARTS FOR THE CONVERSION, SO PURCHASE A DANA 60 SINGLE WHEEL AND SAVE MONEY.

6. ORION

ORION Newbie

Re: WHICH 60

ARE DODGE DANA 60 HUB ASSEMBLIES INTERCHANGEABLE WITH CHEVY? IF DODGE MERELY HAS A SPACER THAT UNBOLTS, CAN AN EVEN SWAP BE MADE? (FORD?)

ORION