Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

wide band o2 sensor ?

Discussion in 'The Injection Section' started by 468k5, Mar 5, 2007.

1. 468k5

468k5 1/2 ton status

Jul 28, 2004
    I'm gearing up for spring and getting my 74 blazer ready for the trails! I've got my fresh 7.4 tbi sitting on the floor ,harness all stripped down and ready to install, tuning software downloaded, and have been reading till I think I'm ready to go blind! I hear alot about tuning benifits of using wide band O2 sensors but have never heard much about what it takes to run one. Does it replace the old single wire unit and require special equipment to read the data or can the ecm do it? What is involved in setting it up? Is it really worth all the trouble?
  2. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dec 24, 2003
    Definaitley worth the money if you're tuning. I use the zeitronics ZT2. It is stand alone. It does have a simulted NB output but I run both. I use EBL which displays the WB readings but the ZT2 can be bought with a dash mount LCD display which I also use.
    It'll measure AFR from 10:1 up to 20 + I think. A 'must have' for accurate tuning if you're running big cams etc but also really usefull for general tuning. And if you're running 'highway lean' it's essential too as you'll be tuning for AFRs around 17:1.