Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wierd Dome light question???????

Discussion in '1983-2005 S-Series models' started by Ck1500, Mar 9, 2002.

1. Ck1500

Ck1500 1/2 ton status

anyone ran into this???? the DOME LIGHTS WON'T Go off and i made sure the switch was off, and the doors are all closed?? i am going to look at it a little closer tommarow, and hopefully i'll figuire something out.

thanks

Ck1500

2. Danno

Danno 1/2 ton status

Back hatch closing all the way?

Every once in a very great while, my hatch closes crooked, or something, and the dome lights don't go off. If I open the hatch and close it again, it always shuts them off.

3. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

A fuse is blown. Check the 20A ones. Cant remember which one, but I'm pretty sure its blown. I know it sounds wierd, but i think i'm right...

John

4. outsider223

outsider223 1/2 ton status

My dome light never works, except when i hit the horn, then the horn doesn't work. It looked like the previous owner did some custom wiring. People have told me i may have a bad ground.

5. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

You have a '91, right? If so, then check the fuse for the cigarette lighter. My wife had a cell phone with a messed up lighter plug, that caused that fuse to blow frequently. When the lighter fuse was blown, the horn and dome lights would behave exactly as you describe. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

6. outsider223

outsider223 1/2 ton status

Thanks, that was the problem. That dome light problem has bugged me since i bought the truck a year ago. Go figure it was the circuit i never checked.

7. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Automotive wiring is some strange stuff.... /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif Glad that fixed it! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif