Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wierd Social Interaction Problem

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Resurrection_Joe, Jan 16, 2005.

1. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Is this normal:

These all happened to me at the same time and paced themselves against each other when i was talking to some kids I knew in high school

Have a normal conversations with both

Have a conversation in my head playing both myself and both people for analyzation of interest and politeness and loking for topics to discuss, also making notes

Have a monolouge of yelling at myself because I sound stupid talking to these people and am being a wanker

Have a monolouge of wondering if I should be doing something else

Wondering whether I'm acting wierd

They didn't say they noticed anything wierd when I asked them

Hmmmmmm it's happening again.......

Maybe it's normal and most people just don't notice it

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I do it. The problem is when I mutter my inner thoughts back to myself and people notice. happens sometimes. I'll play back what I just said and tell myself something was stupid or look for mistakes and as I do so I might quietly say it again. My little sister is good at catching me doing it. I wonder if people notice sometimes.

3. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

Not talking to yourself is not normal. Everyone talks to thierself right?:screwy:

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I think it's pretty normal. Hell, I do it while I'm replying to posts most times, although with the written word i can re-read and edit until I'm happy (or stop caring)

I have done that while having a conversation though.

Rene

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

the problem is when the you that is talking to you isn't you....

6. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

Nothin to worry about R J. I do it all the time. I sometimes even play out possible future coversations/confrontations in my head. :grin:

7. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I do that ALL the time. A little too much maybe, so often I answer a question I think they are gonna ask and not what they actually do.

8. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

I thought I was the only wacko who did this.

9. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

nope thats why I don't worry about doing it. I knew I'd find someone somewhere who was normal like me. Good thing too since I was beginning to worry I was the only normal one left on the planet. :haha: :screwy:

10. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Hmmm............. Everything seem normal to me. Being able to have a in depth conversation with your self and other people at the same time. Is simply a mark of Genus and shows you have a great capacity of creativity.

11. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

These conversations remind me of the old comfy white jacket and padded room. Leave it to a psychotherapist to spoil everything.

12. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

i've joined that club too.

13. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

For me, I view it like this. No matter where I go and what I do, or what I say, theres that little voise we all have... or to better illustrate, picture one of those little mini-you pop up characters like in the cartoons.

In my case, I feel like theres the voice of reason that constantly monitors every action and every word I say. Everyone who knows me knows that I rarely speak out of emotion; meaning, I speak always in a calm manner, rarely out of anger, frustration, sadness, or over-happiness; as to ensure what I say doesn't offend anyone or doesn't not make sense.

This isn't to say I'm an emotionless monotoned robot (though sometimes I have been compared to a Vulcan off Star Trek), but I feel like the voice of reason and logic always keeps me from doing or saying anything stupid. Not that I'm always doing the right thing or never make mistakes... but its like when I do something stupid, I know that it's stupid or wrong, and others rarely have to point it out for me.

For me, this internal voice has kept me out of alot of trouble. When most people speak out of anger, often causing disputes or fights, I limit what I say and make sure I dont say anything purely out of that emotion, which could be regretted later on. Too many people say things that they don't mean... I figure, if I couldnt say the same thing to someone or about someone the day before or the next day after, why should I say it now.

I'm also always self-monitoring behavior... we all act different around friends verses strangers; and differently among different friends even. Some friends I can act like a goofball around... others I don't. It's all the same me... just differing aspects. No matter who it is I'm around, it's still the same underlying values and morals and respect that I treat everyone with.

So, we all have those little "mini-voice characters" on our shoulders... sometimes the good and evil ones whispering in opposing ears. It's normal. Without that inner voice, where would be our individuality and self-consciousness? We'd just about be "robots".

14. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

The one that contemplates all the wicked evil things in the world is very amusing.....

One hand out in greeting and the other near a gun

15. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

I take it both good and evil voices are fairly matched for you?

I tend to only listen to the logical one. Not saying that I never do anything wrong though, cause I do.

Live long and prosper.

16. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

I need to start listening to the good and reasonable voice more often. would get into less mischief/trouble/whatever less often. :thinking:

17. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

What channel are the good and reasonable voices on? I rarely hear them.

18. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

If anyone knows please pm me. I need this info also :grin:

19. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

It's the Multiple Personality Disorder Channel.

You can choose a level of service to match the number of schitzo breaks in your personality.

20. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status