Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wierd Story of the day

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Stickseler, Mar 16, 2005.

1. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

A North Carolina man decided to check up on some Virginia property he owned — and immediately called police. "He called to say that his house was missing," Danville, Va., Police Lt. Mike Mondul told the Richmond Times-Dispatch. "We were like, 'What?'"

Joseph Martin, of Eden, N.C., about 20 miles from Danville, was in the middle of selling the house at 242 Cleveland St., but all he found was a grassy field.

"He went to where his house was supposed to be, and it wasn't there," said Mondul.

It turned out a wrecking crew had come by over the summer to tear down the house at 212 Cleveland St., but had demolished the wrong building. Each house had been next to a different building with a red roof.

Martin told police he hadn't visited his property since July.

Mondul said no charges will be filed and that the demolition was entirely accidental. :yikes::yikes::yikes:

2. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

That would suck..:eek::rotfl:

John

3. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

That is one hell of an "uh..my bad"

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

why would you not press charges? If you want to sell the place you are now out whatever that house might have been worth.

5. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

I'm betting that the demolition company is going to be settling this matter out of court.

6. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

We had a story a couple of weeks ago in KC. That a roofing crew tore off the roof next to the house that was to get a new roof!:D :D :D :D

7. gmcjimmy88

gmcjimmy88 1/2 ton status

I think he sold the house. To the demo co. I assume they are making good on their mistake. Either way he shouldn't have to pay a realtor anymore LOL. Or he had insurance on the property and that is covering it.

8. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Kinda related,

Last year two Landscaping company vehicles pulled in the drive and the guys piled out and started mowing my grass, trimming with weed-eaters and shaping the hedges. I wasn't home but my wife was. She let 'em work till they got almost through, then walked out and asked them, "What the bloody 'ell ya doing to me property?" They had the wrong address of course. Yard looked the best it has ever looked!!! :cool:

9. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
    A farmer contacted the local sheriffs office and was very upset that a crop duster had sprayed his growing corn field with a weed killer commonly used to control weeds in corn fields. The farmer stated that he contacted the crop duster who apoligized and admitted that he sprayed the wrong field and of course there would be no charge.

The sheriff's officer in an attempt to calm the farmer down went to the field and located a large amount of marijuana plants growing between the rows of corn!:cool1:

Also had a local person who was known to embibe (Spelling) in certain illegal substances want to make a report that his stash was stolen and he knows who did it!!:D