Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wierd tire size

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by **DONOTDELETE**, Oct 14, 2001.

i have these tires and all they say on the side is 9.50Rx16.5 - that's it. they measure about 29 1/4" tall. i would guess they are a 31x9.50. any tire guys out there???

<font color=blue> Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

</font color=blue>

1. RedDwarf

RedDwarf 1/2 ton status

Old school tire size. 8.75R-16.5, 9.50R-16.5 etc.
    The R stands for radial.

Don't know what else to tell you.

Still Poundin' "pavment" after all these years!!! [​IMG]

2. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Sounds like a old military tire. Probably off something like a 715.

Women dig dents and flat paint!
    <a target="_blank" href=http://communities.msn.com/OffroadK5s>communities.msn.com/OffroadK5s</a>
    75 Jimmy, Dollar
    Grim-Reaper

3. i've got 2 pairs. one looks like the ol pias blys that you might see on an farm truck and the other set looks like a brand new set of all season radials. both sets came off a 75 2wd.

<font color=blue> Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

</font color=blue>

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Thats just an old sizing method...I had a set of 9.50x16.5's on my Jimmy just after my 3/4 ton conversion...you know the mandatory ghetto tires until you can afford real tires...[​IMG]
    Some buckshots and Hawgs are still sold that way. Check the National tire and wheel ads. They have 10x15, 11x15, 12x15,12x16.5...makes about as much sense as the the old alphanumeric system. G60x15...etc etc.

P-metric and floatation sizes are much easier to decipher.

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/project_T2> tRusty pics...</a>