Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

wierd vibes at highway speed.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by K5Greek, Apr 9, 2006.

1. K5Greek

K5Greek 1/2 ton status

once i get to about 50-65mph truck starts to vibrate. Could this be the bushings going bad or something out of alignment?

2. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

This could be many things: ball joints, tie rod ends, tires out of balance. Check your tie rod ends and ball joints, if they are tight then get your tires balanced. :D

Rick

3. K5Kell

K5Kell Guest

4. 1977k5

1977k5 3/4 ton status Vendor

Could be u-joints or even pinion, t-case or transmission bearings. Check the front end first and fix any component that is worn or loose. Then replace the two u-joints on the rear driveshaft. Work your way up to the most expensive and difficult components.

5. K5Greek

K5Greek 1/2 ton status

im leaning towards this, i do need to get an alignment and ball joints and tie rods are prob worn too. im not sure if it is death wobble though because isnt that usually caused at any speed when you hit a bump or something?

6. onetonbb74

onetonbb74 1/2 ton status

Sounds like you dont have death wobble, anyone who has experienced death wobble doesn't get it mixed up with any other kind of vibrations. Ever since i put swampers on my truck, the vibrations come alive over 60 mph, i do not have balanced tires so i assume its just the tires. Every part on my front end/steering has been replaced except the r/p and i no longer have death wobble but the vibes are still there over 60mph.

7. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Sometimes you replace it all , and an old rattly truck will be an old rattly truck :thumb: