Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wierd Vibration / Groweling Noise

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by wadinator, Nov 20, 2003.

1. wadinator

wadinator 1/2 ton status

That groweling/vibration noise is still there after changing the motor mounts in my 87 Chevy 1/2tn 350tbi 4x4 burb. The u-joints are all fine. I drove around earlier this week, before the motor mount replacement, with the front shaft removed and the noise persisted. So it's not the front shaft either.

It doesn't seem to be coming from the wheels, as if it were a wheel bearing or the like. You can feel it on your feet as well as hear it. It's not quite "fast" enuf to really classify it as a vibration, seems to occur when accelerating from 5-20 mph, and I just don't have a clue what it might be. Whatever it is, it's doesn't seem to be really serious, as it's been doing it for quite some time. I had counted on it being the motor mounts, but apparently that's not the cause. Whatever it is, I'd like to get it figured out before the Burb's new owner comes and get her next week.

Any ideas? Thanks! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif