Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wife.... Drive... RPM... Check engine light..... Rant

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BIG B., Aug 9, 2003.

1. BIG B.

BIG B. Registered Member

/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif So, my wife wanted to drive my truck to her work today so I could detail and wash her car. After Thinking about it for some time I decided to let her drive it to work. I went over everything with her and explained that it dosn't handle like her 2003 nissan altima. She said she understood everything and I let her go. So about 15 minutes after she left she called me and says " is the check engine light suppse to be on?" I told her NO and proceeded to ask what the F^ck she did. It didnt take me long to get to the bottom of it. She had been driving in D instead of OD. I asked her how fast she was going and she said 75mph /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif.

Do you think that she did any major damage? I asked her what the tempeture was and it was normal.

How many of you guys or gals have had problems with your significant other driving your rig?

2. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

Check Engine light is just a sensor, doesn't mean the engine is busted or anything. 75 in (D) shouldn't hurt it either, I think your ok /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

just a check engine light? is it running ok? whats the deal..trans fluid might of gotten hot and set the light...

4. JDBlazer454

JDBlazer454 1/2 ton status

Just a check engine light isn't anything to major but if you had said check engine light, strange knock, white smoke, etc then most of would worry.

My husband rarely gets to drive my blazer anymore but when he does he goes on an adrenaline trip and tries to drive it like a race car /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif Gotta keep reminding them that if they choose to drive it like an idiot and not understand its a truck and not a car that your not going to get to drive it. His daily driver is now a 79 Civic so he begs quite often for the big girl /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. driney

driney 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Someone I know drove her husband's K30 to town(about 6 or 7 miles). When she got back she complained the truck made a lot of noise and had trouble running over 70. He went out to investigate and found he had left the transfer case in low. That truck survived, so I think you would be OK.

6. chebywanna

chebywanna 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Someone I know drove her husband's K30 to town(about 6 or 7 miles). When she got back she complained the truck made a lot of noise and had trouble running over 70. He went out to investigate and found he had left the transfer case in low. That truck survived, so I think you would be OK.

[/ QUOTE ]

ouch! thats like my brother, takes my truck, gets a trailer and tows his buddys camaro to a shop (15-20 miles). i get into the truck afterwards and its in 4wd, "isn't it supposed to be in 4wd when towing?" was his response, and that was my own brother /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

i wouldn't worry much about your truck, i towed a car from florida to chicago in D at constant 3000rpm and its fine (been a year, the reason for it was a screwed up transmission, no 2nd or 4th)