Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wife in a 3 car wreck yesterday.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mtn. burb, May 25, 2005.

1. mtn. burb

mtn. burb 1/2 ton status

She was in the middle of a 3 car wreck. She and my daughter are OK. Danielle had some small back pain last night, have not asked her about it yet this A.M. Baby is fine.

She was in traffic, when rear ended at low speed by a 16 yr. old young man. He said he had no brakes. He pushed Danielle into the car in front of her.
    The guys Furd Ranger was waffled, her Suburban held up well but dinged up front and rear. Two Cops took a report on the scene.

We just got her Suburban out of the paint shop 2 weeks ago!

So it goes back in next week.

We're not the kind to claim injury just because. I just hope my wife feels better when she wakes up.

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I'd lay money the brake failure was caused by HUA.......................

3. PhoenixZorn

PhoenixZorn 1/2 ton status

4. gmcjimmy88

gmcjimmy88 1/2 ton status

well I am glad they are ok man. You can always get the truck fixed or get a new one. Wife and kids are harder to repair. I hope she feels better in the morning, If not tell her to get it looked at. Back problems is not something to be hesitant about. Good luck

5. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

Head up ass

6. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

What he said. Second the back pain thing. I'd get it checked out regardless of whether she has any pain or not. DO Not screw around when it comes to back injuries. MISF and 'Fumes can both tell you what living with back pain is like.

7. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Glad your family is ok. :waytogo:

Was he purposely driving with no brakes? What a genius. I figured when reading your post that the kid was probably on a cell phone. Almost every weaving, late braking, speed fluctuating driver I see around here is blabbing on a friggin phone.

8. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

I dont get why everyone says teenagers are bad drivers, yes we have not been driving for very long but hell there are 70yr old people who cant even see over the steering wheel driving and no one says anything about them :mad:
    It is your smarta$$ remarks that make us look bad. Maybe he had brakes maybe he didnt, all i,m saying is dont jump to conclusions just becasue the kid was 16.

9. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I hope you have restocked your Tampon supply.

Remember, some of us old farts have seen just a little bit more than you young'uns. And we also remember how we were back in the day. :D

10. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

And, of course, Bubba didn't say that HUA was age specific, although it does seem to show up more in teenage drivers.

Glad to hear that your family is Ok.

11. smalltruckbigcid

smalltruckbigcid 1/2 ton status

Heard this

On the radio the other day. Someone did a study and found out that a teenager on a cell phone will have the same reaction times and coordination as a 70 yr old. I think the study is flawed, put a cell phone in most peoples hand and they lose concentration. Add a vehicle and you now have a missle on 4 wheels. As an over the road trucker I can say I get to see all kinds on the hiway. Bubba's right, cell phone in hand = HUA!
    George

12. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

Most people say young people like me are bad drivers cause they are. I personally havent caused any wrecks, but when i was almost 17 i got rear ended by a broad driving a neon, I think she was 21 or so with 4 of here frieinds in her car, she said the same crap, I aint got no brakes. :rolleyes: But yes the majority of teenage, and younger drivers suck, I drove like an ass, but never caused any wrecks and have only gotten pulled over twice. I usually drive the speed limit unless im on the freeway cause I like to go 85-100 in my silverado cause it gets better gas mileage (don't ask me why, cause I dont know why, it just does). But other than that I just tailgate when people drive slow, and I try not to weave through traffic, but yeah teenage drivers suck, and most of my friends have tons of tickets and accidents. :rolleyes:

13. mtn. burb

mtn. burb 1/2 ton status

Bubba, thanks for the laser sharp insight, you're probably right.

Thanks for the concern everyone, I appreciate it.

Danielle said she felt better today, but I'm taking you're advice and telling her to have it checked over.

:waytogo:

14. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

Bubba is a bitter old man.

15. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

you're absolutely right, a 16 year old probably just came from drivers ed, and they know ALL about driving. hell most people who drive for a living cant drive that good. :rolleyes: we've all been there, and its the lack of experience which causes not enough attention to be paid to the task at hand.

16. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

BEEERN, at least you have a sub for the fam. :waytogo: i just read and prayed for your family. when i was a youngster i DID drive a car with no brakes. :blush: i mean pedal on the floor all the time no brakes.i used the trans to slow down and stop.my dad almost killed me when he found out i was driving around like that for two weeks. i was NOT going to ask for his help.AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA i'll kill you :laugh:

17. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Hey...sorry to hear about that!
    Is everyone feeling okay, or did Danielle have to see the doctor?
    Hope everyone feels better!!

18. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

head in ass.jpg