Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wife's accident update - game on.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 4by4bygod, May 2, 2006.

1. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

As some of you may recall, a no insurance low rent type ran into my wife's durango last month, causing about 450 bucks worth of damage..

she finally calls me back 10 days after I let her know I've found out she has no insurance..

she only called back because she got nervous that I had her plate traced to the E. cleveland address she gave us,and then I found and called a phone number that matched that addy, which was different from the first number she gave my wife at the scene.. the E. cleveland number belonged to the ex husband, who about crapped himself when I described the situation. I think he might be paying on the car she was driving.

anyway she calls me, all irate because I called the ex, and she got a real attitude when I told her how much damage was done.. I fax her the damage estimate, and I leave a message telling her that she's got until mid may to come up with ALL of the money..

So, she never calls me back, so today I reported everything to the ohio BMV.. her license is already suspended, so when the BMV checks her out, the license gets suspended longer, and perhaps revoked.. best of all, if the car is a lease, they'll just come and repo the thing.. and if she's gotten insurance in the meantime, she'll get dropped for not disclosing the accident with my wife.

The 450 bucks is well under my deductible, and I never expected her to play ball anyway, so if I can make her life suck that much more, my time will be well spent. If my wife had only not been so nice and called the police to begin with, justice would have been served already.

So here's the funny part of the day.. I go to the police station to get a copy of the late accident report my wife filed.. I'm emptying my pockets into the little bin so I can go thru the metal detectors-- I pull out my keys, my wallet, cell phone, and then this:

[​IMG]

this thing's 8 inches long closed.. the officer on duty says.. HOLY SH*T.. that needs to go back in the car like right now.. if my commander saw that, you'd be in cuffs like right now.. so, I comply, and thanked the nice officer profusely for the heads up. (the blade still isn't bigger than my palm, I always thought that was legal.. I sure wasn't gonna argue) I'm jut so used to the thing, I'm not aware I have it most times.

So, Anyway, I got the reports I needed, everythings mailed, and now I let the wheels of justice turn.. like I said, I don't expect money, but I would like to see her off the road.

T

2. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Can't You just shank Her with the blade?
    BTW I have the same one, only mine has half a serrated edge.

3. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

that sucks about the insurance, but good you're making her life hell.

the knife deal, around here, it's illegal to carry any weapon into a police department, court room, etc. I almost did the same the other week while trying to pay my taxes at the court house, which houses the county offices, when I stepped up to empty my pockets' the officer looked at me and I backed away with the reply of "OOPS!"

4. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

Are you sure that thing is 8" long CLOSED? My CRKT knife measures only 4 1/2" closed and its a definite hoss. It could easily take down a person. 8 1/2" opened. An 8" closed knife would be around 15" opened. :eek1: Its scary to think a cop even let you outta the station with that.. I looked at smith and wessons knives...and I have seen none that are 8" closed...Heres mine...and I could never see wanting bigger...it was a little over $100:
    BTW- Good luck with the no insurance woman...
    -Harrison

DSCN03451.jpg

5. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Y'all can post a fifty dollar bill?

Must be nice!!!!!!:haha:

6. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

yeesh. you must've missed our knife post.

did anyone ever top my $1000 with their knife?

7. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

My bad..it's 8 inches open..5 inches closed. It's been awhile since I measured it..

T

Tom

8. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

This is starting to remind me of another thread......... Did you mic it? Is it magnetic? Will it cut through a brick and still slice a tomato like this.....

Sorry to hear that the low life won't pay. It sucks. 50% of the drivers here don't have insurance. I have never been hit by anyone that does, so I feel your pain. Give her hell.

9. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

We are talking knives here right?......:eek1: :haha:

10. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

your lucky you got off like that

11. Desert Rat

"Got off"?

12. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

I've told you.. no dirty talk unless you're wearing those shoes I like... :haha:

13. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

RON FROM RONCO!?!??!

I KNEW it was you! And here you'd been posing as a wheeler the whole time.

14. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

If it's him, I want one of those be - dazzler thingy's.

15. Desert Rat

You mean the CFM pumps with the built in handcuff ring? :eek1:

16. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner