Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

wifes heep

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by kgillyk5, Jun 7, 2006.

1. kgillyk5

kgillyk5 1/2 ton status

The plastic headlights on my wifes 2000 HEEP are sandblasted, can't see $#!T w/o the high beams on. Anyone ever sourced new replacement units?...

Found these on EBAY, anyone ever deal w/ this seller: am-autoparts?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2000-00-JEEP-GRAND-CHEROKEE-LAREDO-HEAD-LIGHT-LAMP-PAIR_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33710QQihZ019QQitemZ8070887905QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

....and no comments about wy wifes headlights...:D...I know how you pigs are...!!!:o

2. 76zimmer

76zimmer Flyin Rat Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Are they fogged (faded), or actually debris damaged?
    I've taken some polishing compound and cleaned up the fogged lenses quite good.

3. grimjaw

grimjaw 1/2 ton status

My DD is a 99 Dodge Intrepid. I just fixed that same issue this last weekend. Believe it or not,but that is fogging of the ploycarb from UV. DC cheaped out on the plastic. The buget fix is to get 600, 1000 and 1500 grit wet sand paper and sand till most of the fogging is gone. Then I use a $15 polisher and Plastic polilsh made by Mothers to finish. This takes a bit of time but its alot cheaper than $125 + shipping per headlight for my car.

PM me if you want any more info on this.

4. kgillyk5

kgillyk5 1/2 ton status

Thanks guys,...that's worth a shot. I found a link on ebay to a guy that used a mildly abrasive toothpaste with good results. Probobly just fogging then.