Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wifes PISSED

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 79Stomper, Dec 25, 2004.

1. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Well we were just sitting here thinking about the last year and figured up how much I spent on my truck this year. Well after the final total she is pissed. From April to December I have spent $7940.00 on my truck. Anyone have a couch I could sleep on??????????

2. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

HAHAHA..... No, but you should have a decent truck to sleep in for a while! :p:

And, 'fore your wife gets mad at you for spending money on the truck, figure out how much ya'll spent on things like jewlery, makeup, clothes, etc. and see what that total is!!

3. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Bummer dude.

4. k5floyd

k5floyd 1/2 ton status

well i guess the only solution to it, is to not sit around and figure out how much you spend(on anything) when/if possible, but im not married and dont plan on it anytime soon, so i dont know how feasable that it. sorry to hear that though. tell her she needs to be more understanding to the fact that you're so passionate to the hobby you love, or something along those lines.

5. mosesburb

mosesburb For Rent Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Years ago, long before it was even close to being done, I figured out how much I had in a Nova that I was building. When I got done I said I would never do that math again, and I never have for any vehicle since. Even though the amount that is invested in that vehicle today is many, many, many times the original MSRP of the vehicle, when translated into new car/truck dollars I could probably buy an entry level 4cyl ****box import truck or car. With that in mind, I feel it is/was money well spent (this has provided rationale for some of my vehicle/related purchases after marriage as well). Maybe some food for thought.

Good Luck.

6. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

If you spent $8k I don't even want to look at my bills, considering I did the 1 tons swap this year and trashed a whole ton of parts (and bought a trailer, now I need a new tow rig.......):D

The way I look at it, it's still cheaper than having a girlfriend or doing drugs.

7. mtn. burb

mtn. burb 1/2 ton status

C'mon, you know you should never, ever, add up how much you spent on your rig.

Everytime I'm tempted to, I think about something else.:D

8. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Yeah she is only pissed because of "what we could have done with the money". Like a car for her, a shed out back and a few other things. She has a 2003 van and an 87 Cherokee so I don't know where the car for her come from. She does understand that my truck is cheaper than a girlfriend and it keeps me content on the weekends. She loves the truck but just gets disgusted with it and me when I go on a shopping spree for it and sees the recepts from places like ORD and a few other places I shop. Oh well, just wait until January when I do the cage and a big block.

*****Note to self- Never do this again.******

9. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Knowing that the wife won't see this post, bought in the last year and a half:

74 Blazer $3300
    74 Blazer $1500
    76 Blazer $6200
    Warn winch $900
    4x4Iron bumpers $1500
    D60 $800
    Misc parts (lockers, r&p, shocks, ORD crossover steering and other stuff, Dedenbear knuckles, disk conversion, etc.) $4000
    Driveshafts $300
    Misc tools (Cherry picker, engine stand, jacks, sandblaster, etc.) $1000
    Millermatic mig welder $700
    700r4 currently being built for the 76 $2500
    Tires and rims still coming for the 76 $2000
    Misc supplies (POR-15, lubes, etc.) $300

Total Blazer investment over the last year and a half: $25,000. And that is just a ballpark, I bet it is more and I'm still not done. I still need to gut and Line-X the 76 interior, build a six point roll cage, put in a Tuffy center box, buy a new stereo, swap in some other taller reclining seats, and a new steering wheel. I've been trying to fly under the radar but the missus is a senior finanacial analyst. I think I'll be kissing some major butt at some point.

10. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

Exactly, and when people ask how much, I say "A LOT".

11. eagle mark

eagle mark 1/2 ton status

Not a good thing to do with the wife!

See I told ya!

That's about how much jewelery it will take to get back in bed!

12. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

I think you can pretty much look at anything and add up money spent over the year and it will look like alot.

For some people it may be truck parts, for some it could be beer and cigarrettes, others it could be stuff from espresso stands, and even to computer or stereo stuff.

Course if you personally have spent money for ALL of those yourself and add them up in front of your wife, then that would be worse. Just like previousely stated, add up something that she has spent money on over the year, jutst to be fair.

13. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

no wife, no girlfriend, no problems. :D

14. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

When someone asks me how much I've spent on mine I tell them much less than what they spent on their '02 and newer vehicle that everybody seems to be driving now. Somewhere along the way everyone that I know will only drive a vehicle for a year or two and then they trade it off and keep on making a payment. I for one do not enjoy making a perpetual payment out of a car loan. I guess I just don't get it. Or maybe they don't get it. I have considered going to the bank and seeing how much they would loan on say a mint condition 198? whatever 4 wheel drive chevy. Take that amount in cash go out and buy one and use the money to fix it up. Would it go far enough? I bet it'd be close. Maybe not all the one ton stuff and the body work would get expensive. Sure would be fun to try though.

15. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Yah.. you're not making a truck payment on a newer truck. You're making payments every month to build up your bad ass k5 and make everything new.. and better than a new truck! ...and its all paid for. :thumb:

...and i've spent almost that much just in gas last year driving my k5 every day. :whistle: :rotfl:

16. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

in 5 to 8 yrs, their new vehicle has become a POS. and yours has become badass... :waytogo:

Ryoken - was stuck between a white H2 and black Escalade today in traffic, and happy to be where he was... :k5: :saweet:

17. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I don't tell my Girlfriend sh!t about what I spend! After all it is my Money:D

18. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I keep the bills paid and split the rest of my disposable income between house/wife/kid stuff and my truck. As long as I'm not being cheap with them I can pretty much buy what I want without ending up in the doghouse. In the last month I had a set of Alcan's show up and then Xmas eve a crossover steering kit from ORD.

My wife just raised her eyebrows a little and asked me if I finally got what I wanted for Xmas...:xmas:

Last year, in the 6 months or so before BB03 I dropped about $8K into my truck. That is about the most I've spent in that short a time frame though. Rough ballpark I'm into my truck for $20K, but that is over the 8 years I've had it. Equivalent to $200 a month car payment I guess...just a lot more fun.

Rene

19. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

my fiancee makes better money than me :rotfl:

she wishs i could afford to go 1 ton and 37's right now. ..:bow:

maybe i'll have to talk to her about sponsoring the build :whistle:

20. IAK5

IAK5 Registered Member

I fill your pain i just spent 12,500 on my rig picked here up drove maybe 30 miles brakes went out front wheel fell off and the wife will not shut here trap we could have got a new truck