Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

wig wags

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by FatBoyBlazer, Dec 7, 2003.

1. FatBoyBlazer

FatBoyBlazer 1/2 ton status

any one know how to make em from radio shack stuff? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

about 35 or 40 bucks and you can buy the unit, i have it on my 83 caprice, you can change how headlights flash and how fast too, for 25 ill sell you mine maybe

i can find webpage if you need

you mean headlights right ?

3. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

InIllinois, unless you are a cop of volunteer fireman..THEY ARE ILLEGAL = <font color="red"> FELONY </font>
    Wig wag article

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    InIllinois, unless you are a cop of volunteer fireman..THEY ARE ILLEGAL = <font color="red"> FELONY </font>
    Wig wag article

[/ QUOTE ]

Only illegal if you use them while driving. Nobody can tell you what to do if you're parked.

5. got_mud

got_mud 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Wig wag article

[/ QUOTE ]

Only illegal if you use them while driving. Nobody can tell you what to do if you're parked.

[/ QUOTE ]

FALSE - any action on public highway or thouroughfare is fair game to the po-po. maybe you're safe at a car show and your own driveway, but don't try it anywhere else. been there, done that, paid the fine...

6. Jeremy_C

Jeremy_C 1/2 ton status

Better be friends with the judge if you wanna turn your wig wags on in town.

The only place i can think of that you MIGHT get away with it is out wheeling. But even then the game warden might frown upon that.

Wig-Wigs can be considered impersonating an officer...that is a BIG NO NO

7. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

The only place i can think of that you MIGHT get away with it is out wheeling. But even then the game warden might frown upon that.

[/ QUOTE ]

This taken straight from the PO-PO /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

8. 99firehawk

99firehawk 1/2 ton status

We have wig wags on all the trucks at work .....................of corse they are ambulances /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9. Jeremy_C

Jeremy_C 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

10. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If anyone will send me a module to make wig wags, I'll put them in my DD and leave them on all day at work.

I highly doubt having flashing headlights on a parked vehicle is a crime. If it is, nobody would mess with you or even give a rats ass. Sure, if you turn them on when you're rolling down the road, that's one thing, but if you're just parked, I can't see what the problem would be.

11. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    that's one thing, but if you're just parked, I can't see what the problem would be.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what the ricers do /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

12. got_mud

got_mud 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    that's one thing, but if you're just parked, I can't see what the problem would be.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[schoolyard "oooooooooo" sound] he called you a ricer [schoolyard "oooooooooo" sound] /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

13. Jeremy_C

Jeremy_C 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    FLASHING or MOVING LIGHTS: Flashing or moving lights other than turn signals or hazard indicators are prohibited. This does not apply to police or emergency vehicles.

[/ QUOTE ]

Click here for the Illinois State Traffic Law Webpage

Like i said....better be friends with the judge. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

14. Jeremy_C

Jeremy_C 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    If anyone will send me a module to make wig wags, I'll put them in my DD and leave them on all day at work.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not only will you have a ticket on your winshield...you'll have a dead battery.

15. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Read about it here!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

16. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ryan is a ricer. He drives a Honda!

As to having a dead battery, yes. Ticket on the windshield? I really don't think they'd care. Honestly, if you're a cop, and all you have to do with yourself is write tickets for someone having flashing lights on a parked vehicle, you need your badge taken. I can see if the person was trying to initiate a traffic stop, but a parked vehicle?

Either way, it's his car...if he wants to break the law, screw it.

My question to you is also this...If flashing lights are illegal, how can tow trucks run flashing yellow lights and strobes? I'd say that a plow truck with a flashing yellow is also a violation.

17. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Honestly, if you're a cop, and all you have to do with yourself is write tickets for someone having flashing lights on a parked vehicle, you need your badge taken.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't wait to see the reply on this one! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

18. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Honestly, if you're a cop, and all you have to do with yourself is write tickets for someone having flashing lights on a parked vehicle, you need your badge taken.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't wait to see the reply on this one! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I feel pretty strongly about this. I don't think anyone has any right to tell you what to do with your vehicle when it's parked.

I really can't believe that nobody is agreeing with me at all here. I don't think that the lights are, "cool" and I wouldn't put them on my rig, but I do think that if someone wanted to do it and only used it while they were parked, that'd be perfectly fine and that nobody should stop them. Throw the book at them when they use it on the road.

19. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

u can use amber lights on plow trucks etc. in indiana. in michigan you are allowed to use amber and red for warning lights for plows and such. laws vary from state to state.

NITRO

20. Jeremy_C

Jeremy_C 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    My question to you is also this...If flashing lights are illegal, how can tow trucks run flashing yellow lights and strobes? I'd say that a plow truck with a flashing yellow is also a violation

[/ QUOTE ]

Called warning lights, same reason construction crews have yellow lights on work trucks. Wreckers and Construction vehicles sometime block the road way and they are activated as a "cautionary light" Advising everyone to pay attention and slow down.

Wreckers use them when they are pulling a vehicle and use the yellow flashing lights for the same reason. Cautionary. Snow plows are included.

Yellow flashing lights are considered caution, such as a redlight, when you see the yellow light you know it is fixing to turn red and you slow down....some of us do anyways /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif