Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wild Country RVT's

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by thatK30guy, Apr 8, 2007.

1. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

What are your opinions about them?

I'm looking at some 35x12.50x15's for my '74 Jimmy. At COOP, they can get them to me for $178 per tire, mounted and balanced. I'm thinking of jumping on this as it's cheap enough for a mud tire nowadays.

2. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

I bought a set off of a guy who only had about 500 miles on them. I paid $400 for them and I think they are pretty good for the price. Traction is good for what they are and they seem to be fairly tough for a non big name tire......

3. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

Its not a bad tire at all. I think you'd be prety happy with them for the price.

4. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

I've got a set of em in 33x12.50. A little short for the stated size, don't know if the 35s are short, too. They were good in everything but very wet clay.

5. boz42

boz42 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

i had a set on a 94 k5 daily driver i had. they were 31's or 32's i can't remember. they lasted about 50000 miles, but i took'em back to co-op every 5000 miles & had them rotated & re-balanced. our co-op does it for free if u by tires there. i was not impressed by how they did in the mud, i only went hunting in the truck. the tread would fill up fast. but they were little tires the bigger ones have tread that is farther apart & would prolly do better,

6. pennsylvaniaboy

pennsylvaniaboy 1/2 ton status

got them on a plow truck and do great they slide sideways a lil in the mud if side hilling but great tire for price and thats 285/75/r16

7. tin man

tin man 1/2 ton status

I had 33's on my 85. I also have some on my 88 currently. They are a great tire. They last a long time. They have great road manners. They are also pretty quiet. Only downside is that they do tend to clog in the clay and tacky mud. If you keep them spinning they clean out O.K. They also to great in the sand. Les Schwab sells them. I don't know if they make them or not, but that is how they are marketed. They really stand behind the tires too. One of the best warranties I've delt with.

8. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

How well do the 33's and 35's balance? Do they ride smooth on the highway?