Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wild Country tires and another question on Dunlop MT's......

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by AJMBLAZER, Jan 4, 2001.

1. AJMBLAZER

AJMBLAZER Better to be lucky than good. Premium Member

Wild Country tires and another question on Dunlop MT\'s......

Anyone use the Wild Country TXR's? My current set of AT's is going to need replacement this summer after I drive my truck 2600 miles home. I remember the Wild Country line of truck tires, and how I've never heard a bad comment about any of them. Not to mention a lady on http://www.multimiletires.com/about/index.html

Well, I need some 285/75R16's. They don't make their RVT's (the MT ones) in that size, only the TXR's and the non-mud terrain RVT's (they seem to use the RVT designation for 4 different types of tire, but 3 of them are definately MT's and one looks like an AT). Now, of the two, the TXR looks like it has some definate MT characteristics. However, the website only has these semi-cheesy black and white drawings of the tires. You can see them on the website.
    Anyone have any good pictures of these tires, or just experience with them? Especially the TXR's?
    I would like a MT, but a really aggressive AT works for me. My current tires are good AT's, but in no way are they MT's. I want something that can make it through mud after I move back east. My AT's do me fine out here in SoCal, where mud is just a myth. However, as soon as I go back east, they'll just turn into greasy, spinning, donuts.

Anybody else notice that it seems like you can get the Wild Country tires everywhere in the country BUT SoCal?[​IMG]

I have an option on a slightly used set of Dunlop MT's for cheap. I've heard good things about these tires from my Jeep/sand buddies out here in SoCal. I have also heard that they don't self clean much, which is bad since I will be going back east and playing in a lot of mud. Anyone know about this?

1992 Blazer Sport, 350 TBI, 4L60, 3" Flowmaster, K&N, 3" Rancho, 285/75R16 on 16x8 Baja's[​IMG]<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by AJMBLAZER on 01/03/01 11:15 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

2. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

Re: Wild Country tires and another question on Dunlop MT\'s......

I am presently running a set of 33x12.5x15 Dunlop MT's. Since we have had them we have run in the mud frequently and have not had any problems with respect to self-cleaning. These were not my first choice for tires, but purchased them used for a good price; however, at this point I have run in mud, snow and ice and do not have any real complaints.

3. bigdaddy89

bigdaddy89 1/2 ton status

The first set of tires I ran on my rig were Dunlop mt's, they lasted about 17,000 miles. I would not ever purchase these tires again.

4. walt88

walt88 1/2 ton status

I have a used set of 33" Dunlop Radial Rovers, they are awsome! They been wearing evenly, and going through mud was suprising. I had 2 other people in the blazer and i went through a deep mud pit. I have never been in deep mud before so i tried. With the dunlops i went through and made it out good. The cleaning is not to good, but they are not bad at all.

Keep the shiny side up, and the greasy side down.

5. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

I have a set of 35"x12.5"/15 Wild Country Radial RVT with the newer tread design.
    [​IMG]
    These tires have lasted 4 years and I am not sure of the correct mileage. My Brother had a set that lasted over 50,000 miles on his Toyota 4x4. The key to making these tires last is the same as any tire - Rotation. I really like my tires. I am in the market for some new tires and would like to go taller but my Wild Countries are still going strong. I would say they still have 40 to 50% tread left. I would estimate my mileage at around 30,000 miles roughly. I do not drive the K5 every day anymore. The Wild Country tires are a great price. Mine were $130 each mounted and balanced. Thats a great price for that size of tire. I think the BFG Mud Terrain is about $150 mounted and balanced. Now, why would someone spend more for BFG, when the Wild Country out-performes it by about 30,000 miles? These tires are great in all different terrains.

Mudzer 1978/91 K5
    <font color=blue>www.mudzer.coloradoK5.com</font color=blue>

6. windrider

windrider Registered Member

I just bought a set of Cooper SST tires. The traction is great but I am not sure what the mileage will be. I run some AT in the summer when I am not off roading.

7. misfit

misfit 1/2 ton status

im running 35 12.5 15s on my 74 and really like em. they wear great(aalthough they have less then 15,000 on em) and ride very nice. i bought my set used siped and studded and they do well offroad, even though ive never aired them down.

8. misfit

misfit 1/2 ton status

im running 35 12.5 15s on my 74 and really like em. they wear great(aalthough they have less then 15,000 on em) and ride very nice. i bought my set used siped and studded and they do well offroad, even though ive never aired them down. btw they are txr's.......