Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wild Country TXR Vs. BFG AT's

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by anatomiczero, Mar 4, 2003.

1. anatomiczero

anatomiczero 1/2 ton status

Wild Country TXR Vs. BFG AT\'s

So which is the better tire? $615 for the TXR's and $655 for the BFG's.

2. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Re: Wild Country TXR Vs. BFG AT\'s

I can't speak much for the Wild Country tires because I haven't run them, but BFG AT's are THE BEST ALL-TERRAIN OUT THERE. (Flame me if you will, but I run them and couldn't be happier) Great wear, MILDLY aggressive pattern, great wet pavement traction, do amazingly well on snowy roads, not loud on the road.
    What do you plan on doing with them? Is this a street only truck, or ????. I hear Wild Country has weak sidewalls.
    Also, is that the best price you can find for Wild Country's? They aren't a "top-quality" brand like BFG so you should be able to find them for less. I think there is a recent post about Wild Country Mud tires being $60 a piece or something like that. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

3. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

$60 a peice eh??? Wow.

4. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

5. ZonkRat

ZonkRat 1/2 ton status

Just brought this post back up top check it out. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

im getin 4 of the wild contrys on friday.shipped to my business address is 286 dollars.i'll let youall know how they run as soon as i get my 14 bolt under the beast.

7. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

i'd buy TXRs over BFG all terrains any day! much more agressive tread. i had some 35s on a blazer once and they where a good all around tire and did OK in mud. not as good as a bfg mudder would do but way better than a A/T. A/Ts turn into slicks in the goo. they are basically a good highway tire. my .02 /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

I wouldn't put Wild Country's on my parts truck. They are by far the worst tire made. For 50 bucks go w/ the BFG's. They are a proven tire w/ a great reputation. If you want lots of flats and bald tires in no time, then go w/ the Wild Countrys.

9. anatomiczero

anatomiczero 1/2 ton status

It's going to be used mainly for DD. There's BFG's on now so I was wondering if Wild Country would be better, apparently not. I'll stick with BFG /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Wild Countrys are also much shorter than BFG. Grim's 32x11.50 BFGs were taller than my 33x12.50 W/Cs. I never would have bought them, they were on my '73 when I bought it. The BFG A/T is a great street tire, good off pavement, just stay out of the big mud.

11. chulisohombre

i did not like my bfg a't tires personnally.they wiore out real quick maybe only 12,000 miles or so.i got holes in them every time i took them off road also.the best tires i have had for the price were the super sport wall mart tires.dont laugh,they lasted twice as long as the bfg's and had a more aggressive tread pattern and worked good off road.if the made them in a 35x12.5 16.5 rim size i would buy anether set of those.

12. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I called Walmart, they don't sell 35" tires any longer. They're still listed on thier website, but they don't have them any longer.

13. chulisohombre

i got mine out in california 2 years ago.i seen them on the website also,but since they dont make the big tires in a 16.5 rim size i didnt pursue them any further to see if they had them still.what is the biggest they sell now?