Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

wild rock protection ideas ,pic too

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by supersize75, Mar 16, 2003.

1. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

I figure I can use my rock sliders as starting point,
    Marve came over today and we talked about the body flex I'm gonna have so.. my mind went crazy , I also think the fabrication farry bit me a little hard /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I want comments, or if you had any ideas to make it better, I will also be getting a cage soon so body flex should go bye-bye /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif I also figure tiying it into the frame and using poly bushings to give it a little needed movement.

Current Idea... /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

[​IMG]

2. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

I LIKe!!! I'm going to do the same thing on mine, but I'm waiting to get the bumpers and build off them! Great Idea though! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    I was just talking to Tim at 4X4Iron about doing the same thing. I already have the bumpers to build off of.
    Bumpers
    I think it is a good idea. Maybe make some front shock mounting bars that tie into the frame and the sides?
    I might even run a bar straight through the bed to tie the rear ones together?

4. supersize75

[ QUOTE ]
    I might even run a bar straight through the bed to tie the rear ones together?

[/ QUOTE ]
    thinking the same thing, but since I have a body lift I could run it under the rear of the body "between the frame and body" /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. 45acpJr

45acpJr 1/2 ton status Premium Member

That certainly looks like a design from the bootie tube extraordinare /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Looks good shawn /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    Good point. I have one also. Lots of room under there. I think the top side would need the extra support though. I might even use the bar(s) to mount a spare tire inside.
    And the race is on!
    J/K, I'll be lucky to get it done before next winter. Will see. Keep me posted if you do yours.
    Dave

7. supersize75

I think a trip wheeling with the az boys will quickly convince me to do this /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

I dont know about the front but the rear is a must, I got to keep those Toyota tail lights looking good don't ya know can't break those yet /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

8. supersize75

[ QUOTE ]
    bootie tube extraordinare

[/ QUOTE ]

If your refering to marve, his design would be better than this, but if I am the "bootie tube extraordinare" you speak of thanks /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

I've been kicking around the idea of following the body-lines. Off the bumper and up, across the fender to the door, which would be a nice place to build a A-piller protection bar (Baddog-ish windshield hoop thing) across the door and down the 1/4, finish it off at the turn around the tail lights.

On the down side, It'll make a-big body even bigger, but if it it rubbs, then no big deal.

I don't know... dreaming I guess

10. FWP

FWP CRS

I have something similar to your idea, except nothing up in the front (Most of the damage happens in the rear), works pretty good for me. If you come out with us this weekend, you can check it out.

11. supersize75

haha, your assuming my thing is drivable /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

12. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

I remember DBlazer did something like that on his K5 a while back before he buggy'd it. It's definately good protection...I'll probably do that one day on my [censored]...
    Boss