Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Will 10.5/11.5 tires fit 10" rims???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by poinzey, Nov 2, 2005.

1. poinzey

poinzey 1/2 ton status

I've got a set of 31's I want to put on the truck until i can get 3/4 ton axles with lower gearing, but the last time I had them balanced the tire guy said 4 of the 5 stock rims were bent. I have a set of 15x10's with 33" procomps on now. The 31's are either 10.5" or 11.5". Will they fit the 10" rims? TIA
    Tony

2. PsychoticDeadGuy

PsychoticDeadGuy 1/2 ton status

i am not too sure on this but i know the guys that mounted and balanced my 33x12.50 on my 15x10 had a real pain in getting the bead to sit right. they had to use the bead breaker things to get the bead out far enought to even hold air and had to add about 15 psi more than normal to get the bead to pop into place. i think it wouldnt be that great of an idea to do it unless its only for a little while...

3. jmd4x4

jmd4x4 1/2 ton status

Yes they will fit. Now it will look like the tire is to small for the rim, but if you are just using it for street driving you will not have a problem. Hope this helps .

later
    jmd

4. poinzey

poinzey 1/2 ton status

Sweet! I think I can live with it looking too small for a while. I love the 33's on it now, but they are just killing the gas mileage to and from work. The 31's should get me by until i can get a bike or a beater toyota or something for a dd again. :D

5. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

It'll just look like those low riders with sidewalls bulging out... :D It's a possibilty, but from experience, it's gonna be a total beeyotch to seat the beads...they're gonna wear funny, too.

6. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

starter fluid....

7. poinzey

poinzey 1/2 ton status

Yay, I might not have to swap now... just got a line on an engine for my brothers tbird he was gonna give me. If that comes through then i can run the 33's till spring when i should be able to find some axles for it. Anything to get better than 8 mpg getting to and from work. :D