Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Will 3/4 ton Dodge axles fit my Jimmy???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by fad2blk99, Apr 29, 2003.

1. fad2blk99

fad2blk99 1/2 ton status

I found a junked late seventies-to-early eigthies Dodge (what Dodge isn't junk??? /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif)
    I can probably get this thing for next to nothing.
    Besides cutting and rewelding the spring perches, will these things fit my truck ('89 Jimmy) without too much hassle?
    The front is a D44 (passenger diff) and the rear is a D60FF. I'm not sure about the t-case, but I'm hoping its a 205.

2. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Does the front D44 have protruding hubs or does it look like your current rear axle? If it has the common Dodge only flanged front stubshafts it is not very desieable and came in a truck w/ a 203. Unless it has the gears you want I wouldn't bother w/ the front from a 203 truck. It should fit w/ the Atron bushings. The rear is the same old move the shock mounts and spring perches.

3. fad2blk99

fad2blk99 1/2 ton status

It has the manual locking hubs, I think. I'm tryin' to make do with these cuz you can't touch the one ton axles for less than $1,500 for the pair. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

If it is the 203 are you saying I should probably stay away from it?

I plan to go through both of these and stuff in lockers and 4.88's to run 36x14.50's on 16.5x12 wheels (the tires may grow to 38's before its all said and done)

Thanks for the help!