Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

will 32x10.5 fit

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BRN78BLAZER, Feb 27, 2003.

1. BRN78BLAZER

BRN78BLAZER 1/2 ton status

I did a search and found a lot of info, but could not get a straight answer. Some said 33" will definatley fit no problem, whereas others said that a 31X10.5 was the absolute biggest tire you could fit on a 2wd, and even those may rub.

I currently run 31X9.5 /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif but will need new ones by next winter. They seem to clear with lots of room to spare. IMO I would think that it's not the height, but mostly the width. But I'm no expert on this. Does anyone know for sure if anything larger than a 31 will fit? and at what width?

I'am going to have to get new tires for next winter and would like to know.

BTW it's a 78 2wd blazer

2. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

youll get pretty variable answers to this of course, there really is no straight up answer,

it all depends on factors such as suspension installed on truck and condition/amount of sag, etc. one way to tell if they would fit under thwe wheel arch lips with truck at rest is to measure from center of spindle or axle shaft hub and straight up from there 16.5"(exact half 33" tire height)

but that would only tell you if the tires will work heightwise and not when suspension is compressed while manuevering truck through dips and over RR tracks, curbs, etc.

if you try to get minimal width 33" tired and watch out for too much wheel backspacing then you may be able to do it

trial and error and measuring and caculating is really the only way as is with trying to do alot of other things

good luck

3. prerunner1982

prerunner1982 1/2 ton status

i run 31x11.50s on a stock 2wd, no rubbing at all.. 33s will fit in the rear but not front, 32s would fit but maybe rather close on the front, on level ground, stopped cranking the wheel each way.. at the closest point i have barely 2 fingers width distance from tire to fender.

4. DragnFly

DragnFly Registered Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Does anyone know for sure if anything larger than a 31 will fit? and at what width?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a 83' K10 Blazer 4x4 with 33x12.50x15 with no lift, and believe me, my blazer has a sagging problem. From what I can see, the body styles of the 4x2 and 4x4 are the same. My tires fit just fine. I can crank the wheel all the way to both sides no prob. When it it cranked all the way though, it is about 3/4 of an inch away from the fender. You might have to cut just a TINY corner off (like the size of a quarter) the inside of the fender so it doesn't poke at the tire when going over bumps. Which is what I had to do. But I have gone wheeling many times and not had a problem with rubbing. The only reason I would is as if I was trurning and hit a bump fast. Other than that, you should be fine, just take it kinda slow around corners with bumps. Hope this helps. Good luck! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

--------------------
    /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif1983 Chevy Blazer 379 Diesel, 700R4, 3.73's 33x12.50x15

5. prerunner1982

prerunner1982 1/2 ton status

dragon fly, you have a 4x4, they sit higher...even with sagged springs. a very skinny 33 might fit, not for sure on this.. never tried it. but i know my 31x11.50s come very close to rubbing in the front. 33s will fit the rear....

6. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

[ QUOTE ]
    dragon fly, you have a 4x4, they sit higher...even with sagged springs. a very skinny 33 might fit, not for sure on this.. never tried it. but i know my 31x11.50s come very close to rubbing in the front. 33s will fit the rear....

[/ QUOTE ]
    It's all in the offset. My 88 R20 Burb wears 235/85x16's from the factory. That's 31.7 inches tall. It does however run a deep offsett and a narrow rim.