Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Will 33" tires fit stock height Blazer ?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 | Suburban | Truck' started by Code3K5, Apr 20, 2010.

1. Code3K5

Code3K5 Registered Member

I currently have 32" tires on her now. The wife is short and doesn't want it lifted but I found an 18" wheel and tire combo I like and they are 18x33". Currently 32x11.50x15. New size is 33x12.50x18. Think they will fit ?

2010-01-01 09 20 00.jpg

33k5.jpg

2. little_t12515

little_t12515 Registered Member

I had 33x12.5's on my old blazer on stock rims and didn't have a big rubbing issue except when completely flexed on the stock suspension and then it was only a little. So as long as the springs are good and you don't flex it real hard, you should be good!

3. dhcomp

dhcomp 3/4 ton status Premium Member

No. I have 33x12.50s (same size), on my 3/4 ton burb. I have zero rate add a leaf's front/rear, and rub in the front, even with the fender corners pounded out of the way.

Not bad, but they will rub in/out of driveways, etc. The width is really the killer, as they rub when you turn.

So basically, plan to get Zero Rate's, trim or bend the front fender corners, and you'll be fine.

Pics of this tire size/wheel size can be seen at :
    http://coloradok5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=260975

My wheels are 16.5x10's. How wide are those 18's? If they are only 8" that will help your cause a little, but not much.

4. 1bgsub

1bgsub Registered Member

Yes with some minor trimming.

later
    Trey

5. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Rim width and backspacing make all the difference. On stock rims 33's will be close, but generally don't hit unless the sway bar is removed. On anything wider, or with less backspacing they'll hit the sheetmetal for sure. You could move the front diff forward an inch, that does help a lot.

Personally I think 18's look dumb on a K5...and it seems like everyone and their dog has similar rims, which makes me like them even less.

Rene

6. 496truck

496truck 1/2 ton status

You never really know till you try, it seems each vehicle is different especially after years of use.

I put 33 12.5 15s on my stock alloy wheels without issue, they only rubbed the drag link when turned all the way to the right.
    I then put those same tires on some 15x8 steel wheels with 3.75" backspace and I haven't had any rub yet.

After looking at that pic it looks like those wheels are made for the newer IFS trucks. You should check the backspacing on those to be sure...

7. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

X2 !
    Sorry. But I have to say this because you have a really nice truck.
    Why do you want to ruin the totally clean looks of your K5? It looks great on your wheels.
    IMO Those 18" wheels look like ugly poser rice boy wheels.
    Besides as said above. Looks like they are made for IFS truck. With that much positive offset they will rub.

You would be better off putting a set of 33"x 12.50 x 15. on the wheels you have. From the pic they look like 8" wheels. 33s will usually fit with out rubbing bad. At full flex they may rub on the rear bottom corner of the fender. That can easily be trimmed off and cant bee seen.

8. Code3K5

Code3K5 Registered Member

My dogs travels in an H1 Hummer, stock CTIS wheels. :haha:

9. 496truck

496truck 1/2 ton status

I stand corrected, with no sway bar my 33s rubbed the back of the fenders. Time to trim...