Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

will 33's fit on my stock K-5?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by JasonMan, Apr 10, 2000.

1. JasonMan

JasonMan Registered Member

will 33\'s fit on my stock K-5?

I've got a 1980 K-5. I've had it for about a year now and have been gradually doing stuff to it to fix it up. now that i finally got the money to put some tires on there i'm wondering if 33*12.50's will fit without rubing. I've got 15*8 centerline wheels with 31's on there now and they look like go-cart tires. i'm just wondering weither to put 32's or 33's? i've heard from a couple of different people that 33's might rub in the front. Anybody got any suggestions.

2. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

Re: will 33\'s fit on my stock K-5?

I've got an '89, all stock. 33's have never rubbed yet, and i've been in the dirt a time or two. nothing too crazy, but they definitely fit ok.

<font color=purple>delta9blazer</font color=purple>

3. **b**

**b** 1/2 ton status

How are your ball joints holding up?
    i would like to go 33's

4. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>If your springs are still good and not sagging, you can fit them and they'll only rub when it's twisted up off road, even then it will be minor. if your springs are bad, then they'll rub the back of the front inner-fenders when you turn, but trimming can fix that</font color=blue>

5. Kennedy

Kennedy Registered Member

I also have an 89 with 33" BFG Mud terains and no lift. The tires were bought new and mounted on the stock 15x8" aluminum wheels. Funny enough they only rub when I make turns into parking spaces. They never seem to hit the body when I am off-road. I guess I am not trying hard enough:)

David 1989K5

6. Udy

Udy Registered Member

I have a '91 that had 33x12.5 BFG ATs on the stock 7 inch wheel. The only rubbing I had was on the drivers side steering geometry (minimal though) when turning hard right.

7. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

If you mainly just drive it on the road, and don't mind some occasional rubbing, then go for the 33's. You will also probably notice what seems like a decrease in power with the larger tires. If you want to go off-roading in the twisty stuff you will need either a lift or major fender trimming. I have a 4" lift and had to trim the fenders slightly to clear 33's, but the swaybar was unhooked and it was during some pretty tough trails.

8. 83DK5

83DK5 Registered Member

I have an 83 with stock rims and 33's I have no problems with rubbing. I did some minor trimming just in case though. Also I have the from the factory quad shocks on the front.

Blazers Rule especially Diesels