Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Will 33's TEMPORARILY fit on my '70 Blazer?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by toomanytoyzz, Jun 7, 2005.

1. toomanytoyzz

toomanytoyzz Registered Member

I was wondering if they would fit until I buy the lift which should be in about a month ($$$$$). I just redid the entire body and the truck currently rides on a set of fugly rims mounted on thrashed 31's. I just placed the order for the 33's today. They should arrive by the end of the week. My question is, can I run the 33's on the stock springs? I will not even think of hitting the trails until I do the suspension, but I'm definitely not up for hacking the fenders at all. This thing is too nice. I'm just worried about rubbing on everyday driving. The stock springs don't seem to have any sag. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

2. tdcombs

tdcombs Registered Member

I dont do any rock crawling but ive had no problems with 33's on my 72 in mud or everyday driving.

3. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

It's different from Blazer to Blazer. Myne rubbed at full turn, just a tiny little bit. I actually cut the "fang" which is the little hook on the rear of the front fender, which was totally not visible (the cut, I mean). Put 'em on, and try it out. You'll see real quick if it rubs or not.

4. poinzey

poinzey 1/2 ton status

I just put some on mine without a lift. They are rubbing a little on the rear edge so far. For my situation, I'm just going to cut an inch or two off the back of the opening and call it good till i lift it in a few months. :grin:

5. toomanytoyzz

toomanytoyzz Registered Member

Thanks for the input guys. I'll just mount them and see.

6. BobK

BobK 1/2 ton status

Petrolia,Ontario,Canada but working in Port Huron,
    On my 71 I have stock suspension(no body or suspension lift),2nd gen 8" factory ralley rims and 33x12.5"x15" All Terrain Radials.

I've flexed my Blazer as much as my stock suspension will allow and I have NEVER had any tire rub.
    [​IMG]