Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Will 33x12.50x15 with stock wheels fit on a 87 blazer stock no lift?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by WILL, Feb 27, 2001.

1. WILL

WILL Registered Member

Does any one know if i can get by for a while without raising my K-5. I have purchased a 87 K-5 and i was wanting to trade for some 33x12.50x15 on stock wheels and not sure if they rub or not. Please let me know.

2. Boondock

Boondock Registered Member

I have an '86, and just did the same mod. I put on 33x12.50x15 general grabbers. I didn't trip the fenders, and have no lift. I was worried about rubbing too, heck when i saw the tires sitting next to the truck, I didn't think they would even go on. I took it out twice since the mod, and they rubbed in both the front (when i flexed and turned at the same time) and in the back when i stuffed the wheel real hard. I have never disconnected my sway bars, and my shocks are pretty much shot. In short, you will rub some, but nothing that hurt anything. Terrible noise to hear though. Good luck.

The only easy day was yesterday.
    Second place is a body bag.

3. ragtop

ragtop Registered Member

My stock (no lift) 88K5 had 33x12.50x15s (not sure what kind) on stock rallys when I bought it and they didn't rub. Sure looked like they'd be close if taken offroad though. I've changed to 31s as mine is 99.99% street driven.

Ragtop - '88K5 [​IMG]

4. bigblue

bigblue 1/2 ton status

They will rub a little. but nothing too bad. I used to have 33's on my 87 and when i went off-road they would rub when flexing and turning at the same time. But- yes you can get by....you can see my truck stock with 33's on my site - www.bigblue.coloradok5.com

good luck

baja surf nazi -...A late storm NEVER comes...

[​IMG]

5. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

You can always run the 33x10.5R15's from BFG too. Depends on what kind of driving it is going to see though, as of now they only make AT's. I doubt the 10.5's will rub in front, really surprised someone had them rub in the rear!

Dorian
    My K5 and Chev/Olds tech/links page: <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html>http://www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html</A>

6. Mr Red

Mr Red 1/2 ton status

Something to remember----when you go to larger diameter tires, you're putt'n more stress on your rear end gears. I wouldn't do it. If you want bigger tires, you've got to go to lower ratio gears, front and back. If not, plan on hav'n you're gears grenade on you when you least expect.

[​IMG]
    <font color=red>David, '86 & '91 K5</font color=red>
    Forever missing Dale Earnhardt, who drove over more Fords than we could ever dream of