Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Will 38's fit a 6" susp 2" body lift?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by TX Mudder, Sep 26, 2000.

1. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

Will 38\'s fit a 6\" susp 2\" body lift?

I have a 6" lift on now and am planning on putting on either a 1" or 2" body lift (not 3").
    I was planning on 36's for it, but I'm thinking they may be too small for a total 8" lift. Anyone seen a truck with this combo? Did it look all right?
    If I go with 38's, I'd have to get 38-15-15 which is obviously wider than 36-12.5-15 so I'm not sure if they'd fit. I don't have a problem with fender wacking.
    -- Mike

2. waxer@work

waxer@work Registered Member

Re: Will 38\'s fit a 6\" susp 2\" body lift?

Hell yah it'll fit. I had 38.5 SS on my K5 when I first bought it. It had 4" susp lift and 3" body lift

3. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

Hell yeah. With my 6" lift i can fit 38x12.50s. It was pretty tight but i could still do it. Then i dropped down to a 36x14.50 radial swamper and was clear. With 8" you would be fine. Go for it.

Have you driven OVER a Ford lately?

4. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

I've got 36's on mine with a 4"lift and am almost convinced I need bigger. Go for the 38's hey what the hell try 40"s.

<font color=blue>Professional <font color=red>JEEP EATER</font color=red>, it's a population control thing</font color=blue>[​IMG]

5. Re: Will 38\'s fit a 6\" susp 2\" body lift?

Just get out the the plazma cuter and make em fit!LOL
    They will rub if you flex it up much.

IF IT AINT BIG IT AINT BAD!!!!!!

6. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

I am running a total of six inches of lift, but with the new axels i figure its more like 7 to 8. I still had to open up my feners quite a bit to keep them from rubing when i am twisted up. I am running the 38-14.5-15's on a 15x10 wheel. If you take your time with the fender trimming, you should be able to make it look nice and not "hacked" up. Another option is to run the BUSHWACKER fender cutout flares. I had them on my last k5 and it opened up the fenders quit a bit. Hell I over cut and stretched the flares out as wide as possible. Hope this helps. HAVE A NICE DAY!!

[​IMG]
    http://dblazer.coloradok5.com