Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

will 56's fit where 52's used to?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by muddyblzr, Jan 2, 2005.

1. muddyblzr

muddyblzr 1/2 ton status

hi just wanted to ask a shackle flip question. i just bought one for a truck that came stock with a 52 inch spring can i run a 56 inch spring on it? i have some shackles that range from 6.5 inches and 7.5 inches. will those work to or are they a bad idea? any input would help alot​
    thanks​
    austin​
    o anyone have any problems with the sky-manufacturing shacke flip?​

2. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

Yes you can but you have to put the shackle flip on backwards since the springs are longer it will make the mount further back :xmas:

3. muddyblzr

muddyblzr 1/2 ton status

k thanks i just bought the sky flip kit and i had alot of trouble trying to get it on. wrong hardware so i bored the holes out and when i got it on the bottom to holes on the underside of the frame were off by about 1/8-1/16 so it never made it on. im gonna call and see whats up maybe a defect and ill send it back im debating whether or not i should and go with the ord one. any one have any input on that?

4. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I would just give Sky a call. If they sent ya something wrong they will take care of it right away:)

5. muddyblzr

muddyblzr 1/2 ton status

i think im just gonna call and tell them about it cuz if i send it back it will be about 2-3 weeks before i get another one and i can just use my drill press to make the holes biggers and get them 2 line up. i just need some bigger bolts.