Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Will 78-91 Q-forms fit a 75 Blazer?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by LoggieStyle, Aug 1, 2002.

1. LoggieStyle

LoggieStyle Registered Member

I'm looking into buying q-forms for my '75 but the closest match I can find are these. q-forms

Is there really that much of a difference between a 75 and a 78 that they say it will fit, I don't mind doing a little trimming but I don't want it to look all jacked up if there is a big difference.

Thanks,

2. PetaKane

PetaKane 1/2 ton status

A word about those Q-forms, alot of people swear by them. I swear against them. For the price you are paying, you would expect something that fits better, and something alot thicker. My brother bought some of those since he didn't wanna pay me to build him nice fiberglass panels. After he installed them, he came over, showed them to me, and asked me for some custom panels. I went ahead and just f'glassed them over with some mat and resin, then did my best to get them mounted and sealed. They sound alright for Q-forms now, although I have never heard a set of Q-forms that can actually play nice midbass. If you have any experience with fiberglass, or are a fast learner, I strongly suggest building you own kickpanels. You will save money and you're speakers will sound awesome if you just take your time and do a good job.

3. LoggieStyle

thanks for the advice, I don't have any experience with fiberglass so building my own is out of the question for now, but $150-200 bucks for some molded plastic is pretty steep especially if they don't sound very good. I'll look into alternatives until I can find someone who can build some for me or maybe even learn myself.

4. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

i have the panels in my 89 and they sound great to me, i know there pricy, but if you have the money it's an easy place to install them.

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I had some in a 78 C30 crew cab duelie pick-up and they sounded really good. Maybe I got lucky. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

6. LoggieStyle

I decided to buy a pair and see if they work, I made sure to buy them from a place that i could return them to if I don't like them or they won't fit. Should get them early next week, thanks for your help everyone.

7. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

well you have to cut the speaker hole out your self (at least i did) so you might not be able to return them if you do that.