Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

will 90 computer support 96-00 votech motors?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by COCHEV, Feb 5, 2003.

1. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

would like a vortech crate in the 90 burb but would like to avoid puter changes.

also what is the difference between the GM goodwrench motors for 1/2 and 3/4 ton and 3/4 to one ton? Scoggin doesn't list the Hp unless i'm missing something.

2. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Yes the computer should run the vortec 350 TBI motor just fine as long as you are keeping the stock TBI set up. The cam is within the range the computer likes.
    It is rated at 280 HP
    They make 2 diferent vortec fuel injection engines one made for TBI and one made for TPI.
    Be sure you get the one made for TBI it comes with the TBI manifold.
    Dont get the Vortec 350 made for TPI. Or the 350 HO!!!!!
    Unless you want to mess with the computer.
    The cam has too much duration for the stock chip. It wont run rite unless you get a custom chip burned for the cam.

3. 89K1500Chevy

89K1500Chevy 1/2 ton status

how much is too much duration??? i want a cam for my 350 TBI would a 218/220 work? or would i have to go smaller i would like the Comp Cam 270mag but idk if it would work... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif www.zombieoffroading.8m.net