Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Will a 2nd gen back seat fit in a 1st gen without modification?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Topdown, May 11, 2004.

1. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

I am looking for a back seat for my Blazer... in order to get my son "safely" in my Blazer I need a stock, unmodified back seat (and seat belts)

Will a bolt-in back seat from a 2nd gen bolt straight into a 1st gen.

thanks!

-Ryan

2. ZZ4x4

ZZ4x4 1/2 ton status

Well, I do know it will fit size wise, and the seatbelts will bolt right in. Cant tell ya about all the seat mount bolt holes lining up, but they look pretty close. And it is very easy to drill a couple new holes if you need to. I'd go for it. I spent a few months looking for a decent 2nd gen seat to put in and ended up buying a steelhorse jeep back seat. It's a bit narrow, but it will fit two kids and leaves room on each side for tools/ driveshaft mounts, speaker boxes etc...

3. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

up to I think 75 it'll fit +/- some drilling. just make sure you place a bigger plate on the bottom side of the bed. Kinda like when installing a rollbar, sandwich the bed between two bigger plates. I hope i didn't confuse you /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

if you are talking about the fold up ones. there is quite a bit of modifications that need be made to the floor. unless you just get some angle brackets and remove the foldup mechanism from them.

ARQ.

4. k2-k5

k2-k5 1/2 ton status

No clue. But I do have a 1st Gen rear seat for sally. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

for sally? No idea who she is, but send me some pics ... of the seat /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. ZZ4x4

ZZ4x4 1/2 ton status

Might as well send some pics of Sally while you're at it. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

replied on the pacific region. anyhow, you may want to try the chevy van seats(70-80s). they are very similar, except for the mounting brackets. the with is the same and sometimes they come with the seat belts attached to the seat.

ARQ.