Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Will a 73-87 Chevy dual steering stabilizer kit work on a 71???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by kickinasphalt, May 18, 2004.

1. kickinasphalt

kickinasphalt Registered Member

I would like to put dual steering stabilizer's on my 71 Chevy which I plan to put 35's on. Since they don't come with them from the factory with a stabilizer, there isn't any brakets on there. Tuff Country makes a kit for the 73-87: http://www.suspensionconnection.com/cgi-bin/suscon/66170.html Will this just "bolt up" to my 71 or is this ment to replace the single shock setup with pickups that already have a steering stabilizer? Someone told me that all I need is the kit for solid axle Ford's since they didn't come with steerin stabilizer's either. The kit for those looks the same as the one for the Chevy (but I suppose pics can be misleading). Can someone clear this all up for me. Oh and if someone has a pic of dual steering shocks on I would like to see how they bolt up. Thanks!

2. kickinasphalt

3. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

that looks close to my kit.. i got the d60 with it... basically the stock stabilizer is not used any more and the dual is used... you can see the hole in the middle of my tie rod and that is where the stock one went...
    the only problem I see is that when I do hydro assist steering where am I going to put it and keep the dual stabalizers??? I have yet to drive the truck but hopefully soon.... and i know you dont really need duals if even one but i like the look too.... /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

big pic here...
    http://rootbreaker.no-ip.com/PROJECT_NJLEGAL/5_10_2004/flex2.jpg

[​IMG]

4. kickinasphalt

This kit says the shocks are mounted inline. Does that mean one is on the left and one on the right? There are other kits that say the shocks are parallel. Is this like yours?