Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Will a d44 & 14 bolt from a 75 3/4 ton fit under my 85 K5??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bikejunkie, Mar 26, 2003.

1. bikejunkie

bikejunkie Registered Member

I am thinking of purchasing a 1975 Chevy 3/4 ton truck. Its got a d44 and a 14 bolt. I'm thinking of swapping these over to my 85 K5. Just wondering if these will fit. Thanks. This will be my first axle swap, so I just want to make sure I'm not buying something that wont workout.

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

yep almost direct bolt in. Need a new u joint for the rear driveshaft and the u bolts and spring plates from the 14 bolt but thats shoudl be all. The K5 has a 1310 u joint and the 14bolt has umm a 1350? Forgetting ehre, I know there is a part number for the joint from napa floating aroudn.

3. bikejunkie

bikejunkie Registered Member

Sled Dog,
    Thanks alot! Thats exactly what I wantedto hear.

4. GMCLegacy

GMCLegacy 1/2 ton status

you may want to reuse your calipers off the 10 bolt, GM changed line styles somewhere in that era

5. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

On a scale of one to ten how difficult is the swap? One being able to change oil without spilling, ten being a NASCAR crew chief...

6. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

That all depends on your automotive abilites. In my case I am below the scale of 1 closer to 0.

7. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

How many of your mods did you do yourself, or did you buy it built? I bought mine stock, and would love to do it all myself, but reality says a lot of this work will have to be done by a shop, or I'll have a pile of extra parts and a truck that goes 50 in reverse... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Will a d44 & 14 bolt from a 75 3/4 ton fit under my 85 K5??

[/ QUOTE ] Yes

9. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I have done every mod on my rig myself. I do not expect that everyone can do their own work but what you can't do yourself you can always ask on here and I am sure someone like myself could help walk you through it. If after asking for help and you still have trouble or don't understand then you could pay someone to do it for you. As long as you have the willingness to try something yourself I am sure you will soon find out that you can do most of the work yourself. Like I said, if you get into a bind and need assistance someone here will help you.

10. jwduke

jwduke 1/2 ton status

The hardest part will be breaking the ubolts, brake lines, etc. loose. Have lots of WD-40 and a torch available! As the other guys said "On a scale of 1-10, its a zero for difficulty" Good luck!