Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Will a shaft style audiovox tape player power 8" Ultimate sub boxes...?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by laketex, Mar 31, 2002.

1. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Will a shaft style audiovox tape player power 8\" Ultimate sub boxes...?

I dont want anything pounding. I want some very very cheap (under $20) way to add music to my ride. I have an audiovox tape player and some ultimate brand 8" sub boxes already. For that matter, I have a kenwood 2 channel amp too, but then I'd have to worry about it getting stolen. Plus I dont know if there are RCAs on the back of the POS stereo. someone give me some help!!! What would you do on the cheap to get some tunes???

Bryan

2. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

Re: Will a shaft style audiovox tape player power 8\" Ultimate sub boxes...?

Most likely not bud, does that amp have high level inputs?, if it does then your set. Just mount it somewhere out of the way and unusual like behind your glovebox or something

3. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

Just run set of 6 1/2 in the rear side panels. Scrap the 8" because they probably ar ein a box taking up room. You can always run the 2 channel amp (use the high inputs on the amp) if it doesn't have high inputs you can get a high to low level converter at any car audio shop, radio shack, walmart, etc. They are usually 10-20 dollars. That would allow you to run a set of RCAs off your 2 shaft headunit.

4. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

That's probably what I'll do, minus the 6.5s in the rear panels. I dont have rear panels, nor do I want to spend even $50 on this truck for stereo stuff. Thanks for the converter advice though!!!

5. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

LOL good luck on the project ;-)

6. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Thanks man, do you think it'll hit at least 140db on the dash? /forums/images/icons/smile.gif/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif hahahaha