Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

will an LT1 bolt up to a TH350?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 00silverstreak, Dec 17, 2003.

1. 00silverstreak

00silverstreak Registered Member

Im pretty sure it will bolt to a 700r4 so it should in essence bolt up to a th350. reason i ask is because i can get great deals on lt1 engines and parts so im considering the possibility of putting the LT1 into my 83 blazer. anyone on here done this before?
    S

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

The bolt pattern on the bellhousing of 700R4's and 350's are the same so yes, it should bolt up.

3. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

I've thought about doing this ever since I got a LT1 intake from a friend. The thing that you have to think about is the distiter is on the front of the motor so if you play in the water or mud you may have a problem. If I had a chance to get one that is running I would try it.

4. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

I though they were in the back on LT1's /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif
    I know LS1's are up front though

5. 00silverstreak

Now that you mention it your right, The optispark is on the front of the LT1 block, just underneath the water pump. so water would be a death blow to the LT1 as even water from a leaky waterpump or a wet install can mes up the opti.($300 to replace it) thanks for the reminder. note to self, scratch the lt1
    S

6. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

7. 00silverstreak

kind of. the LS1 block is an all aluminum engine(block/heads) with 6 bolt mains, and individual coil packs. where as the lt1 is cast block with aluminum heads, reverse cooled and is a 4-bolt main, with an optispark. there are a few more differences but these are just the major ones =).

8. Lonnie

Lonnie 1/2 ton status

Just to set the record straight.....

The LS1 & LT1 are totally different engines. The only part shared between the 2 engines are the rod bearings.