Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Will Any 73/87 GM Truck MC/Booster Combo Fit Onto My Truck ?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Resurrection_Joe, Sep 16, 2002.

1. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

I pulled my MC from the booster a while back because of real bad brakes casue apparently by the MC, well the booster didnt look to healthy either, I dont know anything about them but there was what looked like a ring of "teeth" and several were broken out.

Another thing is that I have no idea what MC or Booster I have sice the truck was cobbled together to stock condition before I bought it. So my solution "souktiuonw" is to buy a MC and Booster combo from someplace online as I live in BFE and hate the parts store in town.

My question is, JB6 JB7 whatever, what will bolt to what. Through all the backlog of posts I've searched through it seems that if you get a MC and Booster together from a 73-87 truck they will bolt up regardless. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Also - is there any/ what is the - difference in JB6 and JB7 brakes, the price is much different.

Thanks a lot, anything I can do for you, just call my name and I'll be there (eventually)

Spellchecked - 200209172012520

2. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

top...anybody
    And Joe what the heck is "souktiuonw"????? Oh I just reread it....solution!! /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

3. Resurrection_Joe

Yeah, I didn't put as much time into crafting the quality post that you deserved, and therefore had some spelling atrocities. That's strage. Because here at Rezzypost limited we make posts, quality posts, with no added hormones or chemicals, just like your family wants, clean and to the point, lovingly smacked out by good old Resurrection Joe.

Yeah so anyway, thanks for bumping this to the top.

4. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

I have the booster and master cylinder from an 85 3/4 ton on my 73. bolted right on

5. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

if you are looking for, i have a 74 3/4 ton 2wd booster and m/c setup for cheap/trade, stil on truck even,

good luck
    R

6. Resurrection_Joe

Sure I'll take the master/booster combo if you or soemone else can confirm it will work. 2wd or 4wd I think should not matter eh?

Anyway, I'll sure buy it from you, I can send you a check, money order, or I can paypal now I believe. Only thing I have to trade is tube doors, and youd need to send me a lot more part than a master/booster to trade for my custom fabbing /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Eamio me, PM me, or just post, thanks!

7. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

i know that the booster will, but m/c i dont believe so. ill have to d some researxh on that, 15 plus mail- either way ?

good luck
    R

8. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

Don't go trading my doors off for parts there slick /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

9. Resurrection_Joe

Part number for same year MC's in LMC are the same between 4x4 and 2x4. I'll take it, how do you want the money sent to you? $25 sound good?

Kyle, awwww come on, I traded the last set to the ups guy for heroin..... oops...... /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

BTW - Kyle, I'm gonna pick up steel tomorrow

10. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

catch you in PM
    thanks