Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Will F*rd D60 hubs fit my chevy D60

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by arq, Aug 10, 2002.

1. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

i found a Furd d60. i was wondering if the hubs/locking hubs/etc will fit my chevy D60??

ARQ.

2. K10ANDYKHAMNIC

K10ANDYKHAMNIC 1/2 ton status

I DONO , but david would want it for hi jeep !!

3. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

lets go get it. it's just down the street /forums/images/icons/smile.gif it has a high angle pumpkin

ARQ.

4. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

The majority of parts from the Ford axle will not interchange with a Chevy axle. I bought one once only to find that the locking hubs, diff cover, carrier, yoke and bearings were the only parts that would swap.

Specifically, the bearing hubs are almost an inch shorter (from seal to lock out) than Chevy hubs. Whcih makes the stub axles and (5 bolt) spindles shorter too.

I'd still get it, the high pinion stuff is cool or it's a very valuable part to make some money on.

5. rodzzilla

rodzzilla 1/2 ton status

You will have to swap from the outer knuckes out. The inner knuckles are the same. I thought I read somewhere that you could redrill the knuckles for the different spindle pattern.