Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Will GM default on the bondholders?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mtn. burb, Mar 22, 2005.

1. mtn. burb

mtn. burb 1/2 ton status

I often refer to an interesting financial site, www.gold-eagle.com and read the "Hot Reports".

I just came across one discussing GM's financial troubles.

A caveat is in order though. This essay writer is a doom and gloomer, and gets nutty after laying out the GM info.

It's wierd enough that I considered not linking it.:crazy:

http://www.gold-eagle.com/editorials_05/hommel031805.html

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Wow...I wasn't aware the US economy revolved around General Motors. The article does get a little loopy at the end. Still, if his info is accurate it looks like GM is in a world of kaka.

Rene

3. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Losing financial backing, lowering their bond status to junk or near junk will cost them even more to borrow money..... They are in a world of hurt. Thats' current fact - the article is speculation. I would like to read their finacials to really see if they have that much debt outdtanding :blush:

4. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

All I know is my parents are probably fukked because about 60% of their retirement investment consists of GM stocks and bonds.:( That said, I'll probably buy a bunch of GM stock because hopefully between now and the time I'm 65 it will increase again and I can sell it at an opportune time.