Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Will herculiner fade?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 8_YOUR_H2, Jun 10, 2001.

1. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

They said it has UV protectant in it but I just painted my truck in black a week ago and it looks like its fading. It does seem hard to keep clean an it could be dirt but it have sprayed it off and its still getting gray spots to it..anyone else have a comment?
    Brent

2. 88K5Jimmy

88K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Yeah it looks real shiny at first, but then it will fade to a flat black color. I put it in my old shortwide and it did this. Hope this helps

3. ROCKBUGGYK5

ROCKBUGGYK5 1/2 ton status

this may sound crazy, but get a bottle of tire wet, and spray it down it will look better than new, and the fading will only get worse
    adam

ROCKBUGGY K5 38S LOCKED AND CHOPPED

4. xtreme_wlr

xtreme_wlr 1/2 ton status

Yes it does fade in sunlight. I have it in the bed of my daily driver and it is a flat black now. Cleaning involves a hose with water going thru it and if its really bad, then a scrub brush and some soap :)

78 Chevy 1 ton Stepside RockCrawler
    468 BB, SM465, NP205
    D60 front, GM 14Bolt w/ Detroit
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.bowtiecrawler.com>http://www.bowtiecrawler.com</A>

5. 88MudBeast

88MudBeast Registered Member

This is going to sound even more crazy then the tire wet, but it works like a charm. Take a jar...or in your case about 6 jars of creamy peanut butter and get the whole bed covered in it. Let it seep in for about an hour, then take it to the pressure washer, and spray all of it off. THen dry it off with a towel, which is very important. It will shine like neverbefore...and it shouldnt be greasy if you did it right. My frined does it to his jeep all the time, and it looks nice. Thats it.

Big Jake

"Goat ropers need lovin' too."

6. 88MudBeast

88MudBeast Registered Member

Oh yeah...and if you dont think it will work, or you want to try it before you coat the whole bed, then just do a little area.

Big Jake