Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

will Hummer H2 wheels fit on a 14 FF?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 74 chev, Sep 30, 2004.

1. 74 chev

74 chev 1/2 ton status

will Hummer H2 wheeels fit on a 14 bolt ff and HD 44?

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Yes , saw the pics on here months back /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

3. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

$wheel and off road just did an article on this, they put them on a newrer dodge but they had the machine them, but they did mention that they should be able to fit on the older axels /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

4. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

They will NOT fit on a 14bff, you will have to have the centers machined out to clear the hub.

5. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Does anyone know the the center hole diameter of the H2 rims...can someone take a pair of calipers and measure them?

6. 74 chev

74 chev 1/2 ton status

how much would you have to machine out of them?

7. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

IF you have to, I'm trying to find out....thats why I'm trying to find out who has some H2 rims to take a pair of calipers to the center hole and measure it.

8. 74 chev

74 chev 1/2 ton status

i was looking in some of the ebay auctions and some of the wheels were listed as a MM lug paterns and some were listed as 8 on 6.5 is this as issue too? im really interested on running these wheels with some 39.5 Iroks. machining them is not a problem it will just take more time that my truck is on jack stands.

9. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

That I couldn't tell ya about as I can't find any to look at to see. But I do know there are a few people on this site that are funning stock H2 rims on their rigs.

10. 74 chev

74 chev 1/2 ton status

here is a pic of a wheel i found off of ebay it doesn't look like it would fit a 14 FF there also doesn't look to be much extra metal to take off.

[​IMG]

11. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

the 4 wheeler mag is in my truck ill go get it

12. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

ok they said that the rims are 4.6 inches but they had to bring them out to 5.155 inches to fit over thier 3/4 ton dodge ram hubs

13. Blazer1970

Blazer1970 1/2 ton status

They will definitely fit on a FF14, or any other GM 8 lug axle. All GM 8 lug wheels including the H2s have the same bolt pattern, offset, and center hole diameter. They will not fit on a Dodge or Ford though without machining the center holes bigger.

14. 74 chev

74 chev 1/2 ton status

what issue of 4 wheeler was this article in?

15. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

last month oct 04

16. 85mudblazin

They will NOT fit, there are alot of people on here that have tried this and they had to have the centers enlarged, the 14bff is the only one with the external "hub" so therefore it is the only GM axle that they wont fit.
    It doesnt take much to enlarge them since it is not very complicated, a machine shop shouldnt charge more than maybe 100 bucks to do it.

17. Blazer1970

Blazer1970 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    They will NOT fit, there are alot of people on here that have tried this and they had to have the centers enlarged, the 14bff is the only one with the external "hub" so therefore it is the only GM axle that they wont fit.
    It doesnt take much to enlarge them since it is not very complicated, a machine shop shouldnt charge more than maybe 100 bucks to do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Respectfully, you are wrong. I just carried a 14FF hub with the brake drum attached into my basement and stuck in an H2 wheel, and it fits just fine. I repeat:

ALL GM FACTORY 8 LUG WHEELS HAVE THE SAME BOLT PATTERN, CENTER HOLE DIAMETER, AND OFFSET.

18. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WRONG! very WRONG! Do it all the time.

Here are pics to prove it. You can't possibly believe that all these guys that do this all the time are wrong.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[ QUOTE ]
    They will not fit on a Dodge or Ford though without machining the center holes bigger.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is correct.
    Here's a quote from another forum [ QUOTE ]
    In order to install GM H2 wheels on a Dodge 3rd Gen truck, the center hole must be opened up accurately to 121.5mm or 4.774" diameter.

The stock Dodge rims and the GM H2 rims are "hubcentric" meaning the rims are held on center on the spindle/hub by the center hole, not the lug nuts. There is only .007 diameter or .0035" per side clearance between the wheel and the spindle protrusion.

About 1/8" per side or 1/4" diameter needs to me machined out, accurately. It can be done, tires off on a lathe, or as I have done, on a milling machine buy either manually boring or using an end mill and cutting a circle with a programmable milling machine (CNC).

[/ QUOTE ] Dieselplace Post

19. 85mudblazin

ok well my bad, thats just what I have heard a few times.
    My mistake /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

20. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

You really should be careful telling someone else something as fact when it something you "heard". /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

I can confirm that the H2 wheels WILL fit 14 BFF. I have them on my 97 K2500HD and my older 14 bolt on my Blazer.