Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

WILL I BREAK IT?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by blazing86, Feb 25, 2001.

1. blazing86

blazing86 1/2 ton status

OK here it is, im getting a dana 60 for the rear, but i don't have the money to upgrade to a stronger axle for the front. Will i be okay (strength wise) with the stock 10 bolt. I will be running a 4in lift with 35's.

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

well you might be ok what kind of wheeling do you do? are you hard on your truck or just light wheeling?

s.smith 77blazer lookin 4 mud [​IMG]

3. BlzrProne17

BlzrProne17 Registered Member

The axle should be ok. I knew a guy that ran a 6" and 35" tires on a 10 bolt and didn't have any problems. I don't know a whole lot about this stuff yet but i'm just goin' from what i saw!
    Matt

[​IMG] Call me a converted Bronco owner!! [​IMG]

4. BlzrProne17

BlzrProne17 Registered Member

My friend (Blzr4x4ngkid) is in the same situation as you are. He is buying a 14 bolt FF for the rear and can't afford to buy a big front axle. Match the gearing on the front and rear axles. If you do rock-crawling, it's gonna break. If you go muddin' and you don't put a lot of friction on the tires and there's no pressure on the axle it won't break.
    Matt

[​IMG] Call me a converted Bronco owner!! [​IMG]