Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Will I notice

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by blazingboy, Sep 23, 2002.

1. blazingboy

blazingboy 1/2 ton status

Guys I am thinking about bolting on some performance parts for the k5 it is a 350 fuel injected I am gonna put on the Vortec head design with the Vortec manifold and a edlebrock performer plus cam with 244 degrees of duration and .265 of lift and also so Hooker comp. headers and maybe a chip will a tell a difference in accelaration with 3.73 gears.

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Can't see how you wouldn't notice, that;s alot of stuff to put on at once. Which cam is that? If you post all the specs on it you might be able to get some better input. </font color>

3. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

i think you will need a chip. also some ignition upgrade to make sure you are burning the the increased mixture.

4. trailblazer87

trailblazer87 1/2 ton status

Hey zakk, the tbi ignition system is pretty good and I have seen the comparison tests between the jacobs and mallory systems and no improvement was found.

Blazingboy, you should see a huge difference with the heads alone, not too sure about the cam though. You will need the computer from the vortec system also. The headers are gonna raise the power in the band much higher though. The chip would not hurt, especially with the cam.
    Sounds like you are gonna build a decent mud motor /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

5. MudbogAD

MudbogAD 1/2 ton status

I bet I'd be able to feel a difference.