Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Will it bolt right on???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by chaka73, May 16, 2000.

1. chaka73

chaka73 1/2 ton status

I want to put a tilt steering wheel in my 73, I have an 83 Camaro that I'm parting out my question is can I use the steering wheel from my Camaro in my 73K5 thanks.

ps. if anybody needs anything from an 83 Camaro updated to an 88, spoilers, Iroc rims, 350 motor, 700 tranny just let me kow we can make a deal.

LOVE MY GREEN GIANT!!!

2. Espen88k5

Espen88k5 1/2 ton status

Keeping in the good tradition of helping/sharing with my fellow K5'rs here is a pic of how the column in a Blazer looks like. Copyright <font color=blue>BigBurb</font color=blue>Compeare it to the one you got and make a disicion to go for it or not.
    Hope it helped some
    Espen

[​IMG]<font color=blue>Espen88k5</font color=blue>

3. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

What do ya want for the 700R4 tranny?

Mike
    82 GMC Jimmy "Emmett"
    IN TOO DEEP Off-Road Club

4. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>Actually, my freind is looking for a 16x8 left front rim for his 87 IROC. how much do you want for it?</font color=blue>

5. chaka73

chaka73 1/2 ton status

Well the 700 has about 50,000 miles in it it runs very strong, I'll probably take around $300 for it I just want to make enough for the 400 tranny that I want to put in my Blazer I've seen a couple of 400s for about $350 so if I could get like I said $300 or so I will be closer to the price for the 400 as far as the rims, I would like to get rid of all 4 I really dont want to separate them I was asking $350 for all 4 the tires are really good about 75-80 % thread on them so that's what I'm hoping to get if anybody is still interested just drop me a line, like I said the car is still complete.

LOVE MY GREEN GIANT!!!

6. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

is the rear spoiler the type that i could mount on the back of my topper? i have my exhaust running straight out the back, and i can't roll my window down while i'm driving. if it will work, i'd like to place my dibbies on it.

<font color=purple>delta9blazer</font color=purple>

7. chaka73

chaka73 1/2 ton status

You know to tell you the truth I really dont know, I'll get a picture of the car front and back and post it so you guys can see it and decide for yourselves.

LOVE MY GREEN GIANT!!!

8. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>I'll have to ask him the next time i see him, probably tomorow</font color=blue>

9. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

I don't think the steering column will fit. the trucks had a lower support that on the outside of the firewall and the camaro's didn't. is your blazer an auto on column? the camaro's not. the wiper/high beam switch is on the column on the camaro and your trucks not. I don't know if the shafts will fit.

your right. I don't understand the jeep thing!

10. chaka73

chaka73 1/2 ton status

This is the better picture that I have, you can kinda see a rim and part of the rear spoiler.

LOVE MY GREEN GIANT!!!

11. mudfanatic

mudfanatic 1/2 ton status

not that i could afford them but would the seats bolt up to the blazer seat frames?
    Dan

<font color=red>get involved with land issues or lose the land</font color=red>

12. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

Que tal tocayo. My brother needs the shocks that raise the hood and the rear glass. Does it have them? Do they still work? Just tell me how much and I'll let him know. If you have a pic of them, just to make sure they fit, it would be nice. His is an 86 IrocZ. I hope we can do business.

Also,

<font color=black>//////
    What the heck!...Drive it like gas is $0.50/gal!!!
    </font color=black>[​IMG]

13. mpikas

mpikas Registered Member

I'd try it, you'll probably have to rig something to connect it to the steering box, but besides that... I know my '83 Trans am, '92 Blazer and my '97 Transam all have exactly the same column with different wheels on it (the '97 has a bigass airbag which makes it look completely different). Incedently, the '83 TA has a console shifter, but the part of the column that would normally have the shifter attached moves when you move the console shifter...

14. getsome

getsome 1/2 ton status

do you have a drivers door for that 83 camaro?
    how are the struts,engine,ac pump? You can email me at pgildea@oppenheimerfunds.com or leave a post. Thanks

Pat

15. chaka73

chaka73 1/2 ton status

Hey tocayo I do have the shocks for the hood and the rear glass but I'm sorry to tell you they dont work, they gave out on me about 6 months ago, they started spitting oil like crazy.

LOVE MY GREEN GIANT!!!

16. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

That's too bad. Thanks anyway.

<font color=black>//////
    What the heck!...Drive it like gas is $0.50/gal!!!
    </font color=black>[​IMG]